Human Resource Internships at Shining Hope For Communities
Posted on: 9 January, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Shining Hope For Communities
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is a non-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya and New York, NY that combats urban poverty and gender inequity in the slums of Nairobi.
To be responsible for supporting the HR Coordinator in carrying out all the basic Human Resources (HR) functions that support the delivery of SHOFCO’s brand promise.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the human resource team.
- Maintain and manage accurate human resource records by updating the employee’s data bank, filling and keeping all employees’ documents in their respective files and opening files for new employees.
- Ensure all files are up to date as per the checklist.
- Coordinate HR projects including meetings, trainings and surveys as requested by the HR Manager.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities that is staffing, recruitment, training, grievances and performance evaluations.
- Assist with the recruitment and interviewing process.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Maintain all leave records and updates to achieve coordinated leave administration process.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant e.g. absences, bonus and leave.
- Conduct initial orientation for newly hired staff.
- Respond to HR queries in the absence of HR Manager and Coordinators.
- Diploma in Human Resources or any other related field
- Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- 2 years’ experience working with the Human Resource department
- Experience of working with human resource management systems
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Making decisions
- Checking things
- Following procedures
- Examining information
- Understanding people
- Directing people
- Upholding standards
- Team working
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Shining Hope For CommunitiesSimilar Jobs
- Logistics and Security Manager at Food for the Hungry
- Accountant at VSF Germany
- Regional Manager at Save the Children
- Engineer at Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
- Internal Audit Manager at One Acre Fund
- Job Openings at Living Goods - 2 Positions
- Finance and Administrative Intern at African Virtual University (AVU)
- Job Opportunities at Women’s Empowerment Link - 2 Positions