Human Resource Internships at Shining Hope For Communities
Posted on: 9 January, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Shining Hope For Communities
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is a non-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya and New York, NY that combats urban poverty and gender inequity in the slums of Nairobi.
To be responsible for supporting the HR Coordinator in carrying out all the basic Human Resources (HR) functions that support the delivery of SHOFCO’s brand promise.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the human resource team.
- Maintain and manage accurate human resource records by updating the employee’s data bank, filling and keeping all employees’ documents in their respective files and opening files for new employees.
- Ensure all files are up to date as per the checklist.
- Coordinate HR projects including meetings, trainings and surveys as requested by the HR Manager.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities that is staffing, recruitment, training, grievances and performance evaluations.
- Assist with the recruitment and interviewing process.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Maintain all leave records and updates to achieve coordinated leave administration process.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant e.g. absences, bonus and leave.
- Conduct initial orientation for newly hired staff.
- Respond to HR queries in the absence of HR Manager and Coordinators.
- Diploma in Human Resources or any other related field
- Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- 2 years’ experience working with the Human Resource department
- Experience of working with human resource management systems
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Making decisions
- Checking things
- Following procedures
- Examining information
- Understanding people
- Directing people
- Upholding standards
- Team working
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Shining Hope For CommunitiesSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme
- Project Manager at British Red Cross
- Latest Vacancies at RefuSHE
- Policy and Partnerships Analyst at One Acre Fund
- Deputy Country Director at Educate!
- Job Vacancies at SOS International LLC
- Job Openings at HELP Logistics Ltd
- M&V Technical Officer at International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)