If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Lipa means "Pay" in Kiswahili language. LipaPay was founded in 2014 which aimed to be No. 1 mobile payment platform in Africa. Taking advantage of the most advanced mobile payment technology, LipaPay provides a secure and simple payment gateway solution currently support payments from such channels as M-pesa, MTN/Airtel mobile money, local bank cards, international cards like Visa, Master cards etc. Whether you are global merchants who are eager to enter African markets or African local merchants, LipaPay always provides tailored payment service to make your life much easier in terms of money collection, reconciliation, accounting and cross-border payment.
Business Development Manager’s work is to increase business partnership opportunities, thereby maximize revenue for within the organization. He/she will build market positions by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities;
- Develops B2B partnership with potential brands to generate sales and do co-branding;
- Develop strategic partnership with big brands who can enhance Lipapay’s exposure in offline business;
- Collaborate with top banks in Kenya to facilitate Lipapay’s payment gateway and increase variety of payment methods and payment scenarios
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances the company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Note: Your annual objectives and/or any other tasks assigned by your supervisor from time to time shall become an integral part of your deliverables.
- 20% of travel Within Kenya
- Note: All job descriptions are subject to management review and may be modified based on business requirements. In case of any variation between this job description and the actual duties performed, management has the right to make appropriate decision.
- B. Com (Marketing/Sales) Degree or related discipline
- The candidates with Airlines, E-commerce, NGOs, Media, Insurance background are preferable.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
- 2-3 Years continuous hands on experience in a similar position
- Proven working experience as a Business Development Manager/ Merchant Acquisition Manager
- Track record of successful online payment’s Business development
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- High level of commitment to duty, and discipline.
- Demonstrable ability to put customer interests first.
- Strong focus on impact
- Unquestionable level of integrity.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, Please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com with subject title: Business Development Manager on or before 28th February, 2018