Metropolitan Cannon Life Assurance Ltd is a member of MMI Holdings Limited, a global player in Health, Life and Short term Insurance, and operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK. Metropolitan Cannon Life Assurance Ltd is seeking to fill the above listed position with a dynamic, forward thinking achiever with expertise in the Life Insurance field.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head – Corporate Life Sales, the Broker Consultant will be responsible for accelerating growth of the Corporate Life Business, by identifying and sourcing new leads for new group life business opportunities and acquire such new business as to meet and exceed sales targets and grow the number and volumes of broker partners and related business. In addition s/he will build relationships through continuous communication with and education of intermediary clients so as to position the company as a preferred solution provider.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, pursue and establish new business channels through brokers and direct marketing efforts.
- Pursue timely business quotations with the relevant departments.
- Negotiate and communicate renewal terms of all assigned schemes in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Foster strategic relationships with other industry players so as to position the company favorably in the market.
- Serve as the first point of contact for assigned accounts and brokers.
- Analyze and understand the clients’ business needs and recommend value adding solutions.
- Engage with assigned business partners such as direct clients, agents and brokers for improved service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Promote the company brand through broker presentations, workshops/trainings and related activities.
- Engage in joint visitations to clients with intermediaries.
- Gather appropriate market intelligence on competitor activities and keep abreast of industry trends and developments.
- Monitor market trends and recommend changes to current product offerings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or its equivalent
- Knowledge of Life Insurance Corporate Business (Group Life)
- Diploma in Insurance or related field will have an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in Group Life Sales.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with Brokers and Agents and generate revenue from these relationships.
Required skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Strong report writing ability.
- Demonstrable ability to build business-to-business relationships
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant academic testimonials via email only to email@example.com by 19th February 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.