About the Role
The Manager Lounges ensures and maintains a healthy, safe, secure and cost-effective operation for Kenya Airways and customer airlines operations, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, and regulatory authorities; ensures Kenya Airways lounges in the network are run optimally while improving and maintaining quality standards; is responsible for premium services that will ensure improved customer satisfaction to Kenya Airways and the alliance’s loyal customers and maintains and improves knowledge of Kenya Airways and alliance’s products and new developments in the market.
- Promote a positive Safety Culture, a healthy and secure working environment in the Lounges in compliance with relevant legislative/industry requirements.
- Drive and promote premium guest journey definitions.
- Coordinate and plan with other stake holders for superior handling of special customers, VIP, CIP and charter flights.
- Perform risk assessment and ensure a risk management process is applied in the lounges.
- Constantly review and adopt reasonable measures to improve safety and minimize risk and hazards.
- Develop and be accountable for the Lounges Service Charter and Processes
- In liaison with the Marketing department, develop the Kenya Airways brand.
- Ensure cost effective delivery of quality services in the lounges within agreed scope and standards
- Enhance revenue generation from customer airlines.
- Drive the provision of high quality customer service delivery in day to day operations as per the agreed Service Level Agreements and Company Policies in liaison with all other airport stake holders.
- To liaise with other stakeholders in identifying service lapses and take corrective action.
- To combine quarterly cost reports on lounge usage for planning, budgetary and control purposes.
- Notes any cases of customer dissatisfaction and addresses or reports to the appropriate parties for action,
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through 3rd party service tracking audits.
- Develop, counsel and motivate staff while ensuring discipline and grooming standards among Passenger Services Staff are adhered to and maintained as per the Corporate Uniform Guide.
- Support hub planners and implementers to enhance efficient rationalization, provision of resources and staff rotation.
- Champion KQ WAY principals and best practices
- University Degree or Diploma in hospitality
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in all round airport handling with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Computer literate
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of KQ product Competencies
- High integrity and influencing skills
- Results oriented
- Service focused
- Cross culture sensitivity
- Creative and innovative