If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
LVCT Health is a Kenyan non-governmental and not-for-profit organization registered in 2001 after a research project that pioneered the first three HIV voluntary counselling and testing centres in Kenya.
We aim to drastically reduce new HIV infections: increase equitable access to quality health services through innovative, integrated, comprehensive and high impact services and programs that can be delivered at scale.
Our work is anchored in a Research-Policy-Practice -RPP framework (Hatua model) through which we implement evidence informed programs. We pilot innovative solutions to the HIV challenges identified in the national and community priorities and support scale up for population level impact.
The Senior Technical Advisor - GBV will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic expertise to the GBV program and related work at LVCT Health while ensuring alignment to the organization’s strategy and respective projects goals as agreed on with donors. Responsible for providing technical direction and guidance to the program teams and to ensure proper planning and coordination of program activities to ensure achievement of targets and intended impact.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the development/establishment of GBV program goals, objectives, strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting.
- Provide technical leadership and managerial oversight for GBV projects and ensure the efficient implementation of activities and the timely reporting of those activities to the organization and donors.
- Develop, implement and train on SOPs and guidelines relevant for GBV programing at various levels.
- In liason with M & E and other program teams, develop tools for collecting GBV data and facilitate analysis.
- Lead development of donor deliverables and other reports and ensure that they are of high quality, timely and are results-oriented.
- Participate in relevant National and County forums to provide technical assistance for the GBV agendas and share LVCT Health experiences and learning.
- Evaluate GBV program effectiveness and determine corrective action as-needed to improve goal achievement.
- Identify lessons learned and best practices for external application and dissemination.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and collaborations with other implementing and technical partners including the Ministry of Health, partners, donors, clients and other stakeholders as required.
- Represent the organization in public and professional circles, locally and internationally through meetings, conferences and presentations relevant to GBV areas of work.
- Resource mobilization for GBV program areas.
- Ensure GBV programme compliance with donor and organization rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance, technical support and build capacities of program staff and partners on GBV matters and advise on technical issues.
- Contribute to the project and GBV program knowledge management system.
go to method of application »
Responsible for offering technical oversight of the project and specifically responsible for project implementation coordinating the technical officers to ensure alignment with the national TB program strategy and priorities. .
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with other technical leads of key stakeholders, other USG implementing partners, and GOK, particularly at the county-level.
- Contribute to the consolidation of the Annual Program Workplans, including the Performance Monitoring Plan
- Contribute to the preparation and review of the quarterly performance and annual reports to the donor
- Participate in relevant technical working groups and committees at national and county level, provide feedback and develop networks to support program implementation
- Work with technical team leads to monitor implementation of activities to meet set national standards and targets ensuring quality and integration of activities.
- Ensures technical excellence in program implementation.
- Participate in quarterly USAID and MOH field visits and meetings to monitor progress of project
- Coordinate response to technical questions raised by USAID/ MOH
go to method of application »
Overall responsibility for the management and operations of the TB support program and reporting directly to the designated USAID AOR.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall project strategy leadership and management oversight, operations and supervision of project implementation and ensure the project meets goals and reporting requirements.
- Provide technical direction aligned to the USAID and National TB program priorities.
- Ensures an integrated vision among different stakeholders and a focus on achieving the results defined in the project
- Supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- Take a leadership role in coordination on TB related issues among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners, establishing and maintaining partnerships that ensure the success of the project.
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID
- Identifies issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Interact with numerous GOK institutions and senior-level county and sub county-level government officials, political and diplomatic acumen required
- Ensures that the project progresses in accordance with its contractual obligations and is compliant with donor regulations and internal organizational policies.
- Acts as the primary project contact person and liaison, ensuring the project is represented in national technical, policy, and planning forums with the donors, government and key stakeholders
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . The position applied for and reference number and desired location should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter. Applications should reach us NOT later than May 25, 2018.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer