If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Charlie's Bistro Kenya - A premium eatery located in Langata South End Mall. We pride ourselves in having a menu that caters to everyone. Lebanese food is our specialty.
Charlie’s Bistro is a High End Premium Restaurant, looking for an experienced Barista. The Barista is a coffee expert who through their customer service excellence skills; and their enthusiasm for coffee will promote the consumption of coffee by preparing and serving a variety of specialty coffee drinks and other hot and cold beverages along with pastries and cookies.
- Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers
- Selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies
- Preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines
- Demonstrating how brewing equipment operates
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, expresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes
Implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments Perform Other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management
- A relevant certificate from a reputable hospitality institution F&B Service technics
- At least 2 year working experience in a similar position in a 4 star hotel with 1 year as a coffee specialist Wine, cocktails and alcoholic drinks knowledge is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
We are looking to recruit a Stock Controller with experience and knowledge of F&B Controls and other consumer items to determine costs of business activity such as food purchases and recommend prices.
- Recording of food and beverage costs
- Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for purchasing and the “in-stock” levels within the agreed inventory parameters.
- Purchase inventory within the agreed budgets.
- Immediately alert the Retail Manager and Pharmacy Manager when a budget is exceeded. Maintain a process for returns.
- Manage a defined area in the storeroom for returns/credits.
- Maintain harmonious working relationship with Suppliers/Vendors within the buying parameters set by the business.
- Observe the correct buying protocols.
- Observe correct stock receiving protocols.
- Complete all necessary stock takes.
- Maintain the storeroom and the allocation of space for stock.
- Consistently deliver customer service in accordance with hotel’s service standards.
- Comply with the required personal grooming standards.
- Comply with all aspects of the Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Minimum of 2 solid years as a hotel stock controller a must
- Qualifications in F&B or Stores Quantitive and analytical skills
- Proficient in computer applications and inventory software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Focused and prioritization ability
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and cope with pressure
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Sense of urgency with good eye for details
- Must have a medical certificate
Method of Application
If you feel you fit in the above role, please send your CV quoting the expected salary and the Job title as the email subject to email@example.com