If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Lafayette Resources is founded on the philosophy of long lasting partnerships. We are Bold and Tenacious, we love to take on big challenges and win, and we always partner closely with our clients in providing sustainable and lasting solutions.
Our Client an accredited company involved in the management of temperature-controlled warehouses and specialized in supply chain management seeks to fill the position of a Quality Assurance Technician in Kenya and we are thus hunting for exceptional talent for the role
The individual will assemble customer orders from storage or inbound shipments to a standing area for outbound loading. This is a highly active role which requires the individual to work safely, accurately, and efficiently to meet customer needs.
- Successfully perform all primary activities which include providing daily quality assurance to operations, review of electronic batch records and associated documents within the manufacturing facility, provide support on change control processes, and participate and support internal and external audits.
- Assure compliance with GMP, GDP, GLP, and company procedures. Identify and assess regulatory and quality risks in activities and processes according to regulatory agency rules and guidelines and write and implement the company’s Quality practices.
- Review electronic batch records and associated documents against procedures for accuracy and assure compliance to procedures based on regulatory requirements and internal guidelines, etc.
- Provide assessments to support day to day change control processes (insignificant changes and return to operations) in accordance with internal procedures and ensure compliance with the FDA and ISO requirements.
- Good understanding and knowledge of current regulatory requirements and serve as a plant resource for compliance to these requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or other technical field and 3-5 years of relevant experience in Quality with a pharmaceutical/Food company or other similarly regulated industry.
- General knowledge of biotech manufacturing theories and processes preferred.
- Knowledge of Pharmacy and Poison Control Board certification and NEMA Regulations, Application of Good Documentation Practices (GDP), and application of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) preferred.
- Key skills
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills with great attention to detail
- Should be a Self-motivated individual and good team player
- Must possess excellent sales skills, outgoing, client facing temperament
- Must have a strong business acumen with the ability to make a significant contribution to performance and profitability;
- Should poses strong strategic thinking and execution skills;
go to method of application »
Our Client an organization that supplies smallholder farmers with the tools and financing they need to succeed. The organization began its pilot in Malawi in 2013 and launched full operations in 2016. In Malawi, they currently serve 13,000 farm families with input loans, and an additional 50,000 the training-only service. The Organization seeks to fill the position of a Malawi Country Director and we are thus hunting for exceptional talent for the role
The individual will oversee a social enterprise with two programs that currently include around 250 employees across the Southern Region. The role spans four key areas of leadership for which you will lean on both global support and local key deputies.
Strategy and Vision:
- Develop and refine a long-term vision and 5-year plan for the social enterprise within Malawi.
- Draft annual country goals, including team priorities, R&D projects, sales and impact targets.
- Chair the in-country weekly Steering Committee meeting and lead the annual leadership retreat.
- Identify and address short-term and long-term risks and remove roadblocks to success.
- Ensure decision-making is aligned with both global organizational priorities and local data from clients and staff.
- Represent the organization externally within Malawi when needed.
- Inspire all levels of staff through celebration of team wins and communication of the organization’s story internally.
- Ensure the organization’s values are known and practiced.
- Conduct between 2-4 field visits per month to spot check program execution and to connect with clients.
- Monitor team sustainability and make adjustments to workload where needed.
- Oversee annual roll-out of staff satisfaction survey, among other feedback channels, and the resulting initiatives.
- Recruit and retain the best talent from both international and national talent pools (closely involved in hiring and promotions).
- Provide big-picture feedback and guidance to 4-6 direct reports through weekly 1-on-1 check-ins.
- Ensure key linkages and communication between in-country department heads and global support.
- Build robust training programs at all job levels to maintain strong leadership development pipelines.
- Maintain a country team organizational chart.
- Help lead the annual country budget process in line with goal setting.
- Approve any significant mid-year changes to spending.
- Monitor program financial sustainability and our Social Return on Investment (SROI) performance through monthly Budget-vs-Actual analyses and gross margin decisions.
- Ensure appropriate levels of business controls are in place.
- Provide necessary information and due diligence request support for Malawi-specific funding opportunities.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including strong entrepreneurial and leadership roles (e.g. starting a field program in an emerging market, starting a business or social enterprise, managing a growing team, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters strongly preferred (e.g. MBA, MPA).
- A willingness to commit to living in Zomba/Malawi for at least three years. This is a permanent, career track role.
- Mission-driven individual that can 100% align with the organization’s values in putting farmers first.
- This role is an extremely competitive posting for a business/ management style position
- Strong general management skills and ability to manage a wide range of topics across different teams. Experience in implementing financial efficiency measures strongly preferred.
- Strong people management skills: The ideal candidate has managed 3+ people directly and led a team of 10+ people in previous roles. Please indicate your people management experience in your application.
- Private sector experience a plus (mixed / varied background preferred)
Method of Application
If you believe you are qualified and ready to take on new challenges, then we want to talk to you urgently.
Please send your application to us right away at email@example.com and include your current and expected remuneration
Kindly note only qualified candidates will be contacted.