If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Centum is East Africa's leading investment company listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. We are an investment channel providing investors with access to a portfolio of inaccessible, quality, diversified investments. Our Key objective is to consistently generate market beating returns by building extraordinary enterprises throughout Africa.
The HR Business partnering position is responsible for Strategic Business support on the People agenda and acts as the primary Human Resource interface with the business leadership community. The specific purpose of this role is to be a strategic partner providing professional long-term strategic guidance and operational support to meet the evolving people management needs of core Business Units it supports.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Support the HR team in formulating and implementing value adding strategic HR Functional plans that deliver business results
- In liaison with the COE colleagues deliver best practice, customer and solution focused HR function, on:
- Talent Planning & Management
- Performance Management
- Reward Management
- Culture & Employee Engagement
- HR Compliance & Support
- Change Management
- Employee Relations & Industrial Relations
- Talent Management routines and Succession Planning
- Provide professional and timely employee relations advice and guidance to managers and colleagues.
- Provide coaching and support as required and be comfortable influencing and challenging where appropriate.
- Interpret and provide advice on HR policy and variations across the Business unit, supporting managers in the practical implementation of HR policies, employment legislation and best practice.
- Provide advice and guidance for disciplinary hearings and other types of hearings and where appropriate offer advice and guidance to the panel.
- Support in managing organizational change, redundancy and redeployment, in line with legislation, policy and good practice.
- Deputize for the Head of Talent & HR Operations Manager as requested at Business and other strategic meetings.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Good Understanding of the Centum business and the work of the functional Business Units,
- Good understanding of clients and the organizational culture
- Ability to be innovative and a creative problem solver
- Good analytical skills including the ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to inspire trust and build value-based relationships
- Understanding HR Policies and procedures deeply as well as Kenya HR labour Laws.
- Service Orientation -responsive to client needs, questions and concerns in an accurate timely manner.
- Able to communicate effectively through writing and oral presentations.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member; must interact with all levels of employees and management
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Holder of a Post graduate diploma in Human Resource.
- Registered and certified member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) with a valid practising certificate.
- At least eight years and above work experience as a Human Resource Business partner or a generalist within the Human Resource function directly in, or closely supporting, executive and/or line operations
Key performance indicators:
- Achievement of Business unit strategic plan and objectives
- Employee productivity measures
- Top scores on Employee Engagement
- Aligned people strategy at Business Unit with overall Human Resource people agenda
- Cordial employee relations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Centum career website on ldd.tbe.taleo.net to apply