The name HCS Africa is derived from carefully selected words: ‘Human’, referring to our people-oriented approach, ‘Capital’, referring to our commitment of increase in profit, and ‘Synergies’, referring to the collaborative nature of our organization. Therefore our service provisions and methodologies are wholly centered on adding value to your most important source of profit – Human Resource – and anything else in line with your business priorities which require the synergy of our partnering stakeholders.
Our Client, in the Hospitality sector seeks to recruit a Senior Accountant. The job holder will be required to apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures
- Develop annual budgets that reflect the strategic decision made by the CEO
- Periodic cash-flow forecasting; monthly financial reporting to CEO
- All accounting functions and supporting accounts assistants and bookkeepers ensuring skills, discipline and attention to detail is at highest possible levels.
- Bi-annual appraisal of team members
- Support head of operations in procurement management and audit of suppliers, including supplier management in Head of Operations absence.
- Project and programmes budgeting and financial planning with relevant directors and relevant project/ programmes manager.
- Supervision of project/ programme accounting, including internal audits where necessary.
- Periodic financial reporting
- Support grant and proposal writing efforts, with an emphasis on the financial aspects.
- Development of invoicing, payment collection and reimbursement/ disbursement strategy.
- Development, maintenance of financial policies, including training on the enforcement of such policies; development and enforcement of other internal controls.
- Management of audit process for the group, its subsidiaries and holding structures.
- Management of relations with the group’s banks, auditors, company secretary, lawyers, tax and financial consultants.
- Assets management, management of intangible assets, warranties and licensing requirements.
- Development of treasury strategy; management of treasury functions
- Ensuring that the company’s financial and legal conduct meets the minimum requirements, industry benchmarks or higher if specified by the Supervisory Board; including ensuring the past and the present compliance with all the relevant authorities and government institutions.
- Be an active part of the leadership group; including being a spokesperson internally for the values, objectives and plans the group is striving towards.
- Assist in the overall performance monitoring of the group, and proactively contribute to solutions that address performances that could be improved.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Proven track record and experience from the Hospitality sector
- Experience in all functions of accounting, including preparing for and leading external audits
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage a team with limited resources and mentor team members to ensure excellent, stable and disciplined team performance.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information clearly and succinctly.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work in high-pressure situations and to meet tight deadlines without losing attention to details and perfection of tasks at hand
CPA-K Qualification, with an undergraduate degree e.g. B.Com or BBA.
go to method of application »
Our Client, in the Financial Services Sector seeks to recruit a Marketing & Communications Manager who will provide strategic direction to and manage the marketing, communications, content and branding strategy in order to drive awareness of the brand, garner readership of their publications and sell the training courses and research in digital finance.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the development and execution of marketing strategies, particularly in working with social media, managing websites and B2B (business to business) and B2C (business to customer) marketing.
- Developing a strategic marketing plan for the organization (in collaboration with the Senior Manager of Knowledge Management & Marketing)
- Increasing the brand awareness and quality of the organization (in Africa) so that it is associated with high quality, knowledge leadership
- Building on the existing website and social media presence of the organization profile and maximize downloads of its materials and to integrate this more closely with the work of the Knowledge Management & Marketing team to amplify the social media reach of its work
- Developing a rich variety of marketing materials, content and messages to support the above.
- Building on the existing website and social media presence of the organization to raise the its profile and maximize downloads of its materials (in collaboration with the
- Knowledge Management & Marketing team)
- Marketing the courses through the organization’s social media channels and the Institute’s mailing list to ensure that they are fully subscribed
- Developing and delivering an alumni strategy to engage alumni from its courses
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients – including the development and
engagement of an alumni group
- Take initiatives to develop and deepen client relationships
- Represent the organization at conferences etc.
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogues (blogs,
discussion forums etc.)
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment
execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization
- Develop, deliver and refine the “Marketing & Communications to Drive Uptake & Usage” training course (in collaboration with the Curriculum Development and Training Manager)
- Execute consulting assignments to clients in the digital finance sector when expertise requires marketing and communications expertise.
- Build rapport with various contact points at the client organization for successful execution of the assignments
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed for clients in areas of competence
- Technical Activities
- Develop and manage a global marketing & communications strategy to build brand awareness both for the organization(in collaboration with the Senior Manager Knowledge Management & Marketing) to drive readership of their publications and sales of their training courses and business intelligence/strategic assessments
- Manage a synergistic social media strategy for the organization in Africa with a focus on LinkedIn and Twitter in close collaboration with the Knowledge Management & Marketing team.
- Support the organization teams in the development, and timely delivery of regular,
- Develop and manage a content strategy for disseminating its business intelligence reports, blogs, case studies and videos (this will be heavily tied to the social media strategy)
- Manage the organization brand, ensuring brand consistency throughout the training, research and publications
- Bachelors level degree (or higher) in marketing, Communications, Business or a related field
- Relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in designing, developing and managing marketing, communication and branding strategies
- Experience working with PR – writing press releases and garnering media coverage
- Marketing experience in the financial services sector will be definite advantage, especially in digital finance
- Experience managing a content strategy and garnering readership on disseminated materials
- Experience managing a company website, and working with a back-end content management system
- Preferable experience designing and developing marketing collateral such as brochures and reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Extremely sound knowledge of working with LinkedIn and Twitter for B2B or B2C marketing
- Demonstrate a record of building, growing and garnering key relationships and managing a contact database
- Knowledge and skills in using a website content management system
- Knowledge and skills of using Adobe design programmes, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Additional working language besides English and Swahili, especially French is an advantage.
go to method of application »
Location Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, in the Manufacturing sector seeks to recruit a Finance Manager who will be responsible for GL controls, SOX & regulatory compliance, audit management , tax compliance and statutory.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), company procedures/ policies and SOX, quarterly review of policy and SOX compliance.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions
( journals) within designated limits.
- Ensuring branch consolidation is accurate and done in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP.
- Compiles and analyses financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring the correctness of the GL, master data and cost Centre codes by performing monthly variance analysis required and providing explanation for the movement.
- Responsible for handling, smooth management and implementation of both Internal and external audit process and recommendations across the business.
- Determines the GL and cost Centre account opening.
- Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of cost Centre performance.
- Responsible for ensuring correctness of productions accounting and accuracy of inventory level and bi annual inventory count.
- Assist with annual budgets – prepares all allocations;
- Coordinate monthly closing process and review reconciliation of all general ledger accounts at least quarterly ensuring that all reconciling items are closed within a 30days.
- Reviewing bank account reconciliations on a weekly basis. On a monthly basis ensuring that the sub ledger, general ledger ties.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of all taxes and regulatory obligations.
- Develop and implement various accounting procedures.
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts and consolidated financial statements under IFRS.
- Prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review.
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
- Report, analyses, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Ensuring that the customer, vendor, product and bank masters are correct.
- Quarterly review of the Authority Schedule and Access Rights
- Monthly review and sign of the Trial Balance.
- To ensure accurate information is contained in the payroll master file so that remuneration payments are made only to genuine employees, at correct rates taking into account all appropriate deductions and allowances.
- Staff management and development.
- Any other task that you may be called upon to carry out
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 5-8 years Experience
- CPA (K)
- Analytical Skills
- People management skills
- He /she must be self-driven with a “can do” attitude and passion to achieve results under minimum supervision.
- Exceptional financial skills, including advanced excel abilities.
- Highly-organized with ability to multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with managers and employees at all levels.
- Team player. Collaborates with internal and external resources to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates confidence and maturity in client facing situations.
- Professionally represents the Company’s Sales Team at all times.
- Ability to take direction from, and support, multiple managers.
- Committed to standards of the highest professionalism and ethical behaviour.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
go to method of application »
Our Client in the FMCG sector seeks to recruit a Business Development Manager. He/she will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector)
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Work experience of 5 + years Sales Managerial level
- Prior work experience within FMCG industry
- Effective communicator, especially in manufacturing, with an ability to talk to highly experienced and technically competent customers.
- Excellent inter-personal skills providing the ability to effectively communicate with and co-ordinate internal functions within Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day - time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position on the Subject line