If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) is a regional umbrella body that brings together 44 African National Human Rights Institutions. NANHRI, whose Secretariat is based in Nairobi, Kenya, is currently registered under Kenyan law as an independent legal entity and has been operational since 2007.
The Network seeks to support and strengthen National Human Rights Institutions in Africa as well as to facilitate coordination and cooperation among themselves and between them and other key human rights actors at the regional and international level.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To support the Programmes team in planning and executing programmatic activities in an effective, efficient and professional manner.
- To work closely with the Operations Manager and Programme Officers to gain knowledge, skills and experience from our work in various departments.
- Assist in planning and implementing all programmatic activities including handling logistical arrangements.
- Preparing meeting and activity reports.
- Drafting and/or translating materials for use in programmatic activities, in consultation with the Programmes staff.
- Assist in collecting and analyzing data for preparing monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Participate in departmental and organizational planning processes.
- Conduct research and prepare briefs on emerging areas within the human rights field.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Operations Manager and Programme Officers.
- Translation of small texts and documents to and from English and French
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Project Management or related field from a recognized institution
- Foreign applicants MUST be eligible to work in Kenya.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English languages.
- Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently with minimum supervision.
- Good organizational skills; a team player and flexible towards adjusting priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural skills and sensitivities.
- Ability to conduct research and prepare reports.
- Demonstrable commitment to social justice.
go to method of application »
We are seeking to recruit an Office Administration Officer to be based at the Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya. We hereby invite applications from hardworking, resourceful, responsible and dedicated candidates to fill the above‐stated position.
POSITION: OFFICE ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Department: Finance & Administration
Section: Office Administration
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Location: Head Office
Duration: 12 months
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide administrative support to staff and coordinate office operations to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency at NANHRI Secretariat.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements;
- Assist in procurement processes by sourcing for suppliers, monitoring the performance of suppliers and reporting on the same.
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for contacts, program activities, databases, correspondence to and from members NHRIs and documents for quick and easy reference;
- Draft routine correspondence;
- Provide support in preparation and production of NANHRI’s reports and publications;
Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- A Diploma in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, Office Management or a related field
- Sufficient working knowledge of French ;
- Office Administration/Human Resource Experience;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Good computer skills, Microsoft programmes;
- Have the ability to learn and grow Customer Service experience preferred;
- Excellent Communication skills – written and verbal;
- Process oriented
Method of Application
If you possess the above qualifications and other requirements for the position, please send your application strictly by Email clearly indicating the position on the subject matter of the email together with a cover letter and a detailed C.V, a daytime telephone contact, and names and contacts of three referees to reach us by January 21, 2019 to:
Network of African National Human Rights Institutions
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 2nd Floor
PO. Box 74359‐00200
With a copy to