If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The Regional Bureau based in Nairobi, Kenya (RBN), provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda. The selected candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Evaluation Officer, providing support and oversight to the country offices engaged in decentralized evaluations.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The evaluation specialist at the Regional Bureau Nairobi is expected to contribute to the development and implementation of Monitoring, Review and Evaluation Plans aligned to WFP corporate standards to generate quality evidence on the lives of beneficiaries and inform policy, strategy and programme design and implementation. This includes managing decentralized evaluations, providing technical support, delivering trainings on monitoring and evaluation approaches (both qualitative and quantitative), and positioning WFP as a reliable partner for governments to build monitoring and evaluation strategies.
- Manage decentralized evaluations to high professional standards in line with WFP Evaluation Policy and Decentralized Evaluation Quality Assurance System (DEQAS). This entails managing evaluation processes from planning to completion; sourcing, hiring and supervising external evaluators; engaging stakeholders appropriately in the evaluation process and managing communications and budgets;
- Provide technical assistance to country offices for the planning and management of decentralized evaluations;
- Build M&E capacity of WFP staff and partners through delivery of training and information sharing;
- Provide support in designing future evaluations, including in the development of Theories of Change and in the elaboration of Terms of Reference;
- Quality assure evaluation products, including terms of reference, inception reports and evaluation reports;
- Support in the organization of workshops, seminars and other events;
- Provide inputs to the formulation of the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Strategies and support their operationalization;
- Take responsibility for integrating protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Food Programme (WFP) career website on career5.successfactors.eu to apply