At the Muthaiga Club, however deeply the past may envelop you, your present comfort always comes first. If you are planning to visit Kenya and your club has reciprocating arrangements with ours, no one will make you feel more at home.
Job Role: The Polisher / Painter is responsible for to ensuring that all Club interior and exterior, are done with minimum usage of paints and polish. And ensure that all painting, polishing and decorative work in the Club is up to required standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing skilful polishing and paint work jobs, with superior finishing, with no repeat jobs;
- Identifying areas that require to be polished and/or painted;
- Planning when & how work is to be carried out;
- Ensuring that there is enough polish and paint in the store and placing orders of materials required through the respective manager;
- Observing working time as required to avoid wastage;
- Ensuring that polish and paints are used as per specifications;
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by the Maintenance Manager;
- Repair and maintain all types of coverings, – e.g. paint, wallpaper, polish, varnish etc, as directed;
- Ensure that all the polish and paint work in the Club is up to required standard;
- Maintain cleanliness of the area worked by clearing all dirt and debris after completing the works;
- Adhere to health and safety procedures when performing work;
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant certificate as a Polisher / Painter – essential;
- Previous experience as both Polisher and Painter – required;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and can multitask;
- Quick at problem resolution;
- Ability to work quickly but efficiently and to also work well in a team.
- Evidence of excellent technical capacity to ensure quality production.
- Able to work within strict timelines and deliver desired results.
- Team player – able to work with diverse groups of people.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye and attention to detail.
- Has self-initiative and passion for work.
Method of Application
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 15th February 2019.