The leading recruitment & training firm, specializing in the placement of candidates with clients around the world.
You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
go to method of application »
Our client is among the Telecommunications companies worldwide, they are seeking to recruit a competent Business Systems Administrator to join them.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Conducting regular audits on business platforms and agent/customer facing systems
- Users activity spot checks Configurations spot checks Investigating logs to identify configuration changes
- Tracking and keeping a record of all changes made to portals and systems
- Keeping downtime records, causes and puting in place measures to prevent them from happening again
- Identifying and Implementing fallbacks and redundancy mechanisms for business critical systems
- Researching for alternative software to reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Representing tools on diagrams and process flows to visualize how systems interact within and outside their own environment
- The ideal Business Systems Administrator Has a Bachelor’s Degree
- Solid experience in managing complex business critical tools and systems
- Can demonstrate accomplishment through some of the following experiences: 3-5 years of ICT experience with a proven track record of maintaining and configuring different systems and tools
- Significant commitment or experience with the social enterprise sector in Africa
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex data flows in a simple manner
- Proven experience administering CRM and ERP, Call Center software, Ticketing and Automation software, SMS gateways and other operational tools including Google Sheets and Google Apps Script
- A good understanding of our key sectors of focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Clear and straight to the point communication skills with fluency in both written and spoken English Clear thinking/problem solving ability
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent issue-tracking and resolution skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks at the same time without errors and mistakes
go to method of application »
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Meet or exceed operations labor budget expectations
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
- Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and heavy equipment rentals
- Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to equipment quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site. In particular, this includes any issues on-site at client facilities, such as breaking a fence or tape residue on flooring
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work closely with GM and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
- Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce sub-rental expenses
- Communicate with legal counsel and safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations
Operations Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Conflict Management
- Business Negotiation
- People Management
- Data Entry Skills
- Data Processing Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Budget Development
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication Skills
- Influencing and Leading
- Team Work
- Stress Tolerance
go to method of application »
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange Outgoing Shipments
- From preparing packing lists to physically packaging outgoing material, a Logistics Assistant is involved throughout the shipping process. They review and compare transportation costs from different vendors, ensure that the outgoing shipment is accurate and well packaged, track shipments and ensure delivery.
- Process Incoming Shipments
- Another main responsibility of a Logistics Assistant is to receive incoming materials. In this role, Logistics Assistants compare what has been shipped with the shipment order, ensure that the materials are in good condition, stock the materials in the warehouse and file all corresponding documentation.
- Manage Warehouse Inventory
- It is crucial that warehouses maintain an adequate supply of shipping materials and this duty falls to the Logistics Assistant. He/she conducts a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly inventory of supplies and places orders with vendors as needed.
- Overseeing shipment of materials: Keeping track of shipment packing, transportation mode, cost of shipment, arrival time and other important factors in the shipping process
- Maintaining supply inventory: Processing reports addressing inventory levels and needs on a regular basis
- Managing paper and electronic files: Generating and maintaining files of orders, invoices, packing lists, returns and other important shipping and receiving documentation
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in a similar position/ industry
- A bachelor’s degree/diploma in Purchasing supplies/logistics/procurement
- Currently residing in Mombasa
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed-oriented problem solvers who work well in a team environment
- Skill to work independently as needed.
- Above-average organizational, troubleshooting and basic computer skills are also essential to this role.
go to method of application »
The position comes with great responsibility, as Communications Directors are accountable for public perception of a company. Managing this perception involves developing marketing and communication strategies, understanding the importance of timing and setting, responding to crises and setbacks, overseeing a team of diverse communications roles and ensuring that information released is consistent with the strategy at large.
Communications Director Responsibilities:
- Developing a cohesive communications strategy.
- Assembling and overseeing a diversely skilled communications team.
- Crisis management and preemptive planning.
- Cultivating an environment of readiness and alertness.
- Maintaining an awareness of company risks and threats.
- Projecting a positive company image to the public.
- Managing media relations.
- Managing a communications budget.
- Ensuring quality control of all information released.
Communications Director Requirements:
- MBA or advanced degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years communications experience.
- Extensive list of media contacts.
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- Strong and confident leadership.
Method of Application
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to email@example.com before 13th April 2019.
Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.