Emerging Talent has partnered exclusively with one of the global leaders in the distribution of IT products and services in the field of education for developing countries.
As part of their continued success in the region we are looking to recruit an Operations Lead to be based in the Nairobi office whose key responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Working knowledge of complex contractual structures across a varied business portfolio
- Experience and knowledge of the legal and financial regulations around payment and guarantees.
- Understanding of financial risk and cash-flow
- Knowledge of the associated operations of international trade (customs, logistics, supply chain, procurement)
- Proven experience in strengthening leadership skills within an organisation
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, customers, suppliers and partners.
- 5 years of working experience in a Business Development, Management Consultancy or Operations Manager position in Africa
- An MBA or Business Degree from a Tier 1 University
- The successful candidate will be able to hand difficult situations and be able to keep up with a high growth company
- We are looking for someone with excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- You will be a dynamic and adaptable individual who is seen as a change agent in the business
- Knowledge in the education technology market is a plus.
- To discuss this position in more detail please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to arrange an initial conversation.
Emerging Talent is proud to be recruiting on behalf of a technology company that empowers distributors to make life-changing products accessible and affordable to individuals across emerging markets.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to hire a Product Manager to join the product development team which will address our end customers’ challenges.
The successful Product Manager will help identify the problems we need to solve, collaborate with the design team r to develop a well-defined set of functional and UI/UX project requirements, and collaborate with technical & non-technical stakeholders to bring the features to life:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical field (e.g. Computer Science)
- You have at least 3+ years of product management experience building B2B/enterprise web and mobile products. You’ve had successes and failures, and you can demonstrate what you’ve learned from each.
- You’re as excited about working at a mission-driven organization as you are about building game-changing products.
- You thrive in dynamic environments by managing expectations, communicating effectively in person and over e-mail, and walking a fine line between process enforcer vs. rebel
- Your stakeholder engagement skills allow you to effectively engage with both customers and co-workers (experience collaborating with international users is a plus!)
- You’ve operated within a data-driven product development process or can explain why you’d thrive in that environment. Data doesn’t trump everything, but it should be at least a starting point in the conversation.
- You’re not necessarily a UI/UX expert, but you can start to build a set of user experiences and basic wireframes that will delight and enable your users.
On a typical day, here’s what you could be working on:
- Engaging with customers to understand the forces and dynamics that shape their business: Why have they organized this way today? How will that change several months from now? A year from now?
- Visiting agents in the field (e.g. Western Kenya) to uncover the unique challenges of Internet-based sales in areas with little/no connectivity
- Coordinating with other members of the Product team (in both San Francisco and Nairobi) to ensure the platform is evolving in line with our product vision
- Developing low fidelity wireframes in coordination with our Designer to collect stakeholder feedback
- Participating in roadmap prioritization discussions with key stakeholders in the company
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.