Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Administration and Public Service. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
- Providing holistic care by carrying out risk identification and assessment of an individual throughout the lifespan, performing a comprehensive physical examination within various settings.
- Assessing, formulating, planning and implementing evidence – based nursing care for client/patient, collaborating and maintain effective working relationships among inter disciplinary teams to support client/patient and their families.
- Carry out therapeutic communication with patient/client, conducting community health risk assessment, documenting interventions and nursing outcomes, participating in quality improvement and quality assurance procedures and diagnosing common health conditions and recommending necessary interventions.
- Any other duty delegated by management.
- Bachelors’ degree in either nursing or midwifery from a recognized institution.
- Registration certificate issued by nursing council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from nursing counsel of Kenya.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
go to method of application »
- Screening prescriptions for legal validity, drug contraindications, drug interactions, appropriateness of dose, frequency and duration of dosing and patience convenience;
- preparing and dispensing medicines according to Good Dispensing Practices and counselling patients on use of medicine;
- making extemporaneous preparations;
- participating in ward rounds;
- identifying medical gaps and challenges;
- maintaining a daily activity log book for recording all activities undertaken;
- recommending Over the Counter (OTC) medicines to patients/ clients with simple medical conditions and making necessary referrals;
- and making entries into the relevant inventory management records and registers.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B Pharm) from an institution recognized by the Pharmacy and Poison Board.
- Successfully completed one (1) year Internship from a recognized institution.
- Registration Certificate by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
Academic and Professional certificates,
National Identity Card or Passport and
Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before Friday, 7th June 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website: www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details.
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.