The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Receptionist is the visitors’ first point of contact. S/he welcomes and facilitates the visitors as well as handles some administrative tasks.
- Welcomes visitors, provides them with information and directs them to the appropriate staff member; updates lists and tables, telephone numbers, addresses, etc.;
- Performs secretarial work (preparing entry dockets, dispatching mail, updating contacts lists, etc.;
- Cross-checks invoices related to reception;
- Clears letters/parcels to and from the post office, DHL and/or other couriers;
- Ensures adequate number of newspaper and magazine in concerned departments on time;
- Stamps the arrival date on all incoming mail, registers all incoming and outgoing mail;
- Receives invoices, mails, parcels, documents and distributes to the concerned without any delay;
- Receive and direct incoming calls
- Make outgoing calls through the switchboard and record them for reference purposes;
- Daily check of all lines, update internal telephone list and report the faulty lines;
- Controls access in the main entrance gate of the delegation;
- Ensures security rules are applied and informs security of any incidents or problems related to security.
- Diploma or Certificate in front office operations; hotel management or related field from a recognized institution;
- Two years’ experience in a similar position;
- Must have completed KCSE /”O” level or its equivalent;
- Must be Computer literate;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
go to method of application »
The incumbent will be responsible for technical tasks related to carpentry work, carries our repairs and maintenance of existing structures under supervision.
- Perform carpentry work as directed, carry out any repairs or changes to existing structures;
- Assessment of materials and cost estimates required for projects;
- Make different kinds of furniture/joinery with good finishes;
- Knowledge of painting and varnishing work to any given item or building;
- Appropriate use of the electrical equipment for carpentry i.e. planners, jigsaws, sanders and drills.
- Certificate of technical training grade III in Carpentry or an equivalent;
- Must have completed Secondary School Education or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field with good references;
- Having knowledge and experience in welding work is an asset;
- Computer Literate.
Method of Application
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 9th July 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Receptionist must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.