Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
- Oversee day-to-day operations in the Office warehouse. Record daily warehouse transactions in the VISION Warehouse & Inventory Management (WIM) Module; including inward deliveries to the warehouse from Nairobi and other KCO warehouses, direct deliveries from local suppliers; and outward dispatches from the warehouse to implementing partners and end-users. Correctly enter supply details, i.e., Sales Order, Purchase Order, quantity, unit of measure, material number, descriptions of items and expiry dates. Reconcile stock receipts with stock dispatches. Liaise with VISION Hub and Supply Section on any VISION systemic issues.
- Plan for receiving supplies into the warehouse, and dispatching them from the warehouse. Follow up with the programme sections on their distribution plans.
- Follow up on release orders from sections. Prepare waybills for dispatch of supplies from warehouse to consignees. Correctly enter consignee details as per distribution plan. Update/reconcile VISION with physical stocks using recent stock receipts and dispatches. Prepare accurate transport cost analysis for dispatch of supplies. Liaise with transporters for transport to ensure timely loading off from warehouse for dispatch out of warehouse. Follow up to ensure timely dispatch to implementing partners and end-users and specified drop-off points
- Produce and disseminate periodicstock reports from VISION on weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually basis, with clear analysis of trends, aging, regular country programme vs pre-positioned stocks, major commodity types, etc, and make recommendations for action replenishment or stock dispatch as the case may be.
- Ensure proper arrangement of stocks for ease of visibility and counting. Conduct physical inventory of the warehouse at least twice a year. Reconcile VISION vs physical stocks for any variances with explanations. Prepare PSB submissions for any disposal or write-off action of stocks with justification.
- Identify, appraise/evaluate field based suppliers and ancillary service providers;
- Identify supply chain capacity gaps; recommend appropriate capacity development packages and facilitate the implementation to programme sections. Verify and certify warehouse storage and handling charges as per monthly stock movement of such supply chain management capacity development activities.
- Forecasts quarterly budgets for transportation and submits through supervisor for funding and related warehousing arrangement. Verify and park invoices for LVPOs and ancillary services. Maintain an up to-date electronic and physical filing system of stock records regarding warehouse transactions
Please indicate in your cover letter which of duty stations you would like to be considered for (Nairobi, Kisumu, or both)
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
EDUCATION : Diploma in Supply or Logistics Management and computer proficiency
WORK EXPERIENCE : Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply and Logistics operations. Computer literacy, database management and basic accounting is an advantage.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and Kiswahili
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
Following instructions and Procedures
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender,religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.