Fairtrade is a global movement which addressees the injustices of conventional trade by supporting smallholder farmers and workers to secure better terms of trade.
Fairtrade Africa, a member of the wider International Fairtrade movement represents Fairtrade certified producers in Africa and the Middle East.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
To facilitate and moderate a team building retreat team building process that will improve staff motivation and communication, and enhance knowledge sharing
- Prepare a detailed 3 days training programme on Team Building
- The training will target 17
- Provide FTA with a detailed outline of the training day and materials for use by Friday August 18th 2019.
- Conduct the training on the 10th 11thand 12th September 2019.
Preparation/planning of the team building 3 day retreat workshop:
- A customized training and team building plan clearly articulating the objectives of the team building exercise;
- Interactive and flexible facilitation tools and material aids for brainstorming prepared prior to the workshop.
- Facilitation of the team building retreat workshop: The Team building exercise should be creatively organized to include strategic Brain storming sessions aimed at helping the staff develop and articulate corporate and individual work plans to ensure optimal delivery of the programme outputs. More time shall be given to outdoor/interactive/ participatory activities. The consultant is expected to design this process and to assign time frames to it.
The output of the retreat workshop should be brief report outlining:
- The retreat workshop proceedings and key outcomes
- Strategic recommendations on corporate deliveries for the programme
- Ensuring that the team develop clear working arrangements for the effective delivery of the work plans and or duties and responsibilities outlined in their job descriptions/terms of references;
- Initiating the discussion on the best communication practices.
- Supporting the team in clarifying their respective goals and objectives with respect to the ideology of the organization.
- Facilitating sessions that would help identify those issues which have the potential to inhibit the team from reaching its goals.
- Addressing those issues, removing the inhibitors and enabling the goals of peace building and conflict transformation interventions to be achieved.
- Improving the communication between line managers and their direct reports;
- Identifying strengths and capacity needs of members and providi
Terms of Reference
go to method of application »
Review Fairtrade Africa governance documents, prepare a detailed training programme and train Fairtrade Africa staff and delegates to the general assembly on:
- Principles and Practice of Corporate governance and leadership;
- Structure, roles and responsibilities of Governance organs of Fairtrade Africa;
- A review of best practices;
- Facilitating Youth and Women in Governance.
The consultant is expected to use effective adult learning methodologies that will lead to maximum participation and learning.
Expected consultancy deliverables
Please note that this tender service is part of an EU-funded project. As such, all deliverables need to follow EU visibility rules (which are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org).
The consultant will deliver:
- A 2 day training workshop for delegates and staff;
- Workshop report;
- Handouts/notes for all trainees including soft copies to Fairtrade Africa for documentation;
- Cooperate governance toolkit;
Qualifications of the consultant
- Minimum of a Masters degree in Social Sciences preferably in Public policy Administration, development studies, community development, Business Administration,
- Cooperative Management. Bachelor Degree in Law and relevant postgraduate qualification in Governance, Leadership, election management, and Public Policy will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years’ of progressive experience in capacity building programs, experience working with producer organizations in Africa will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of both English and French will be an asset.
Terms of Reference
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
- Provision of Team Building Facilitation for Fairtrade Africa-Secretariat Staff - email@example.com
- Governance and Leadership Training for Fairtrade Africa delegates and Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org
Provision of Team Building Facilitation for Fairtrade Africa-Secretariat Staff: All interested firms to forward their proposal by 18 th August using the below address email@example.com
Governance and Leadership Training for Fairtrade Africa delegates and Staff: Email Applications must be titled "Governance and Leadership Training for Trade Africa Staff and Delegates" on the subject line. Potenetial Consultant(s) should apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org