Medic Mobile is a nonprofit organization on a mission to improve health in the hardest-to-reach communities. We build world-class, open-source software that supports health workers delivering equitable care that reaches everyone. Medic Mobile serves as the technical lead and a core contributor to the Community Health Toolkit, which helps health workers ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks faster, treat illnesses door-to-door, keep stock of essential medicines, communicate about emergencies, and more.
Position Details and Responsibilities
We are searching for a Partnerships Manager to work with our team to identify viable partners for Medic Mobile. This role will focus on bringing on new funding, implementing and Business partners to support the mission. Key activities will include; partner outreach, partnership development activities, relationship management for current partners, proposal writing, blog writing, help managing social media channels, identifying communications, marketing, and PR opportunities for the region. The Partnerships Manager will act as an ambassador for Medic Mobile at digital health and public health conferences and events.
This role can be based in our Nairobi, Kampala or Dakar office. This position will report to the Africa Regional Director.
- Develop and manage regional partnership development strategy to meet Medic Mobile’s regional partnership goals, as per the organizational strategy
- Identify and target new opportunities, conduct outreach to Governments, funding partners and Implementing organizations, to educate on Medic Mobile’s digital health tools and offerings, and build a pipeline of opportunities for said tools
- Manage and prioritize pipeline opportunities, to ensure the availability of support and resources with internal & external stakeholders
- Research on health systems, digital health ecosystem, countries, funders and Partners of focus for Medic Mobile’s growth in the region informing strategy
- Develop partnership collateral to support new partners with knowledge on Medic Mobile’s mission, vision, strategy, capabilities, product, development and deployment process and follow up with a proposal and contractual documentation.
- Support the Relationship Management team in managing and maintaining existing partner relationships through potential funding opportunities to scale or modify existing partnership
- Support partners in the preparation of bids and proposals in response to funding requests
- Manage and coordinate the Africa regional marketing plan and partnership opportunity sourcing
- Identify stories, prepare content and collateral for blog, print and web in collaboration with the communications team at a regional and global level
- Manage regional communications strategy and support regional teams and colleagues as a local communications resource
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Systems Strengthening, Computer Science /IT, Business Administration or any other related field of study. Master’s degree desirable but not a prerequisite
- +5 years of work experience in a senior role interfacing with the Public, Corporate, and NGO sectors or in partnerships development and planning, or with a social enterprise focused on development work in low-resource settings
- Ability to conceptualize, conduct feasibility analysis, and present information clearly. Have experience formulating proposals for a range of audiences to include international donors/funders, NGOs and smaller foundations
- Experience working in Africa is preferred; a familiarity with the public health and community health sectors across the continent
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and develop relationships with a broad range of people, both internal and external to the organisation, in a professional and ethical manner
- Passion for and experience in technical and creative writing (concept notes, proposals, personal blogs, websites or articles)
- Interest or experience in non-profit communications and marketing
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Social media experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a distributed team
- Superior organisational skills with high attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, delegate and multi-task
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters with minimal supervision
- Exhibit empathy and respect for other cultures
- Fluent in English; other language skills a plus
- Must have a valid work permit in any of three locations and a valid passport
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Medic Mobile career website on hire.withgoogle.com to apply