Oops! This job has expired. View current and similar jobs below
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
Read more about this company
Open to Expatriates: No
The Admin officer/Receptionist is responsible for specific aspects of Administration and Supply Chain Department support at the Livelihoods Resource Center in Rongai. This covers Office Administration, Human Resource and Supply Chain support department.
Reception Coverage and Mailing Services
- Receive and screen all incoming calls and visitors, and forward to respective officers.
- Make calls on staff as requested, and maintain accurate log of calls and account for this on telephone bills.
- Record and deliver telephone messages.
- Ensure reception is neat at all times. Promptly attend to visitors ensuring no crowding at the reception area.
- Ensure reception coverage at all times, and proper handover when you are away.
- Receive all incoming mail and distribute to staff.
- Prepare and dispatch all outgoing to the field mail.
- Log incoming invoices, sign and distribute to relevant staff.
- Act as focal point of courier services and advise of any issues arising.
- Ensure timely renewal of IRC subscriptions e.g fire inspection certificates for Rongai office
- Provide Administrative support to supply chain department as requested.
- Support with office supply chain needs, raising of PRs as requested by program staff and support with Administrative requests.
- Supervise the office Assistant and ensure that roles are well executed.
Utilities Management & SC Support
- Ensure timely payment of utilities
- Maintain tracking system for utilities and update on monthly basis.
- Make requests for purchase of office supplies
- Issuing of gate pass to any equipment, items getting out of IRC office.
- Raising of operation Online PR’s in the BVA system under supply/admin department i.e travel and cab request PR’s.
- In charge of office consumable’s supplies and office stationery supplies in the office
- Supervising and booking boardroom for staff meetings in coordinated way
- Supervising of tender bid register as they come
- Liaising with the office management for any repairs and maintenance services
- Reporting any security concerns to the project management and the safety and security manager.
Key Result Areas:
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services to the project staff
- Day-to-day efficient operations of the administrative and supply chain department services in the office.
- Diploma in Business Administration and Management, or other related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in administration and management in a busy office, preferable with Non-governmental organization.
- Customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, email
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide range of inter-related complex administrative services.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of personal initiative, pro-active problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of listening skills.
go to method of application »
Requisition ID: req6227
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Open to Expatriates: No
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in promoting livelihoods and economic empowerment for vulnerable youth and helping them develop market based technical, business and life skills. The Business Training and Apprenticeship Officer will directly deliver training content and guide clients through developing enterprise ideas and acquiring new skills.
Scope of Work
Business Enterprise officer is a key program staff who helps maintain program quality and compliance across all business enterprise activities, ensuring program approaches are clearly documented, understood by the program teams and implemented. S/he will conduct direct business skills training to clients, guide clients in developing business plans, conduct due diligence for business grants administration and offer administrative support in relation to ensuring smooth operations. S/he will offer technical support on approaches to efficiency and effectiveness of Business Enterprise pathway of the ERD program. S/he will also support the Urban Savings and Loans Associations (USLA) Monitors in formation of USALAs and training the associations on the USLA model. Alongside, s/he will support in vetting the USLAs for grant administration.
- Train program beneficiaries/clients on Business skills and life skills
- Support beneficiaries in developing business plans to be funded
- Follow up on clients whose businesses have been funded to offer support in areas of business sustainability and other areas of concern
- Liaise with the protection team to ensure refugees who are facing protection challenges are supported.
- Prepare periodic reports of progress of program activities
- Assist in context and stakeholder mapping and analysis to contribute to the conceptual development of Livelihoods Resource centers and mobile services.
- Help conduct outreach to community and local leaders, private sector partners and other stakeholders as directed by ERD management.
- Conduct outreach with small to medium employers to promote the IRC apprenticeship program and secure commitments from employers to host apprentices/interns, and follow up on needed documentation and planning.
Training Delivery and Enterprise and Skill Acquisition Support
- Schedule business and life skills training cohorts, ensuring all vocational training, apprenticeship and literacy beneficiaries receive introductory information sessions before starting other activities.
- Deliver training material to clients as the main trainer/facilitator, and schedule other trainers as necessary for specific cohorts or sessions.
- Support other program staff in delivering business and life skills sessions.
- Working with program staff to recommend clients for placement in apprenticeships and provide recommendations on matching them with employers.
- Provide introduction sessions to apprenticeship clients, including on attendance requirements and protection related issues, drawing in other staff as necessary
- Provide introduction sessions to apprenticeship host employers, including on attendance and time keeping and necessary documentation.
- Conduct weekly visit to apprenticeship sites to verify work conditions, verify the presence of beneficiary as well as troubleshooting as necessary on the working relationship.
- Conducts bi-weekly meetings with beneficiaries in the form of calls, interviews or focus group discussion as appropriate. Helps ensure that payment of beneficiaries is accurately processed;
- Under the direction of the ERD Manager, conduct individual business development sessions with clients and coach them through the development of a business plan and grant application.
Program Monitoring & Reporting
- Support monitoring of apprenticeship activities, conducting site visits and helping to troubleshoot any issues from clients or host employers.
- Coordinate closely with M&E and data staff on targeting, data collection, data systems and information management
- Contribute to baseline, interim and end line assessment efforts and program reporting, providing clear input on business training, micro enterprise and apprenticeship activities.
- Assist in the design, collection and analysis of data on local labor market, trends, and livelihoods profiles of specific urban areas (informal settlements, refugee centric areas), market opportunities and skills gaps, in order to identify demand-driven opportunities for job creation
- Coordinate closely with IRC logistics, finance, and grants focal point to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures
- Under the direction of the ERD Manager, help liaise with vocational training providers and apprenticeship host employers
- Support in identification and assessment of private sector partners for apprenticeship/employment, build relationships with the partners, and manage documentation of partnership engagement.
- Coordinate the activities of the Urban Savings and Loans monitors to ensure that the USLAs are well supported and monitored.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
The position will be based in IRC Kenya’s urban program field sites – Kawangware/Pangani/Kajiado. However, the role involves day to day field travel within Nairobi County and Kajiado for monitoring and other activities related to client support.
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in livelihoods or community engagement programs or in private sector
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in training groups, and working with vulnerable populations
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Experience working with Refugees in livelihoods programming
- VSLA experience
- Experience in administration and management of grants individuals and groups
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- NGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: promotes collaboration and coordination within and across teams, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, extremely flexible and adaptable, ability to contribute across multiple activities and departments.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
go to method of application »
Requisition ID: req6215
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
The Clinical Officer will be responsible for the overall coordination of health activities and supervision of the staffs in the health post/Clinic. Will work closely with the, Pharmacist, Lab Technologist, PITC Nurse, Community Health Officer, Nutritionist and others in ensuring quality health services to the beneficiaries. Will also provide support in the hospital as needed, doing ward rounds and ensuring coverage both day and night.
- Overall in charge of the of the health post unit/clinic.
- Supervision of health post/clinic staff
- Keep complete and accurate inventory of medicines and supplies located at the health post/clinic and monitor/supervise their usage
- Assess health post needs regularly, and make trimester orders.
- Set Performance Objectives for personnel reporting to him/ her and monitor their performance
- Attend the monthly clinical services staff meeting and share updates
- Plan and manage staff leave and R&R plans ensuring adequate coverage
- Make JD for the incentive staffs under your supervision
- Hold monthly meetings with the staffs of under your unit
- Clinical assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients
- Refer chronic cases to the various special clinics
- Properly cover weekends, arrange a rotation schedule with fellow clinical officers
- Conducts ward rounds in absence of the Medical Officer
- Properly documented treatment on patients files
- Maintain an accurate and updated records keeping system in the health unit
- Carry out minor surgical procedures
- Attend to emergencies in ward in the absence of Medical Officer
- Participate in camp health surveys e.g. Nutrition, Immunization, etc.
- Attend and participate in the daily morning hospital handover meetings
- Participate in weekly continues medical education (CME) at the hospital
- Training of staff on job and theory sessions.
Reporting And Coordination
- Ensure all patient records are properly documented in the patient files with all aspects of management being captured
- Compile and submit weekly HIS reports
- Conduct mortality audits for all deaths occurring in the pediatric ward together with other staff working in the unit and share the reports with the CSM on a monthly basis
- Maintain accurate inventory record at the facility
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas
- Ensure smooth running of the health post, providing supervision, support and guidance to all staff working at the health post
- Ensure quality of care in management of patients
- Ensure that universal precautions and infection prevention guidelines are adhered to.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Registered with clinical officers council
- Minimum 2 years working experience working in health set up
- Good clinical skills - history taking, physical examination, ordering appropriate laboratory investigations and make appropriate diagnosis.
- Proven leadership, communication, interpersonal, decision making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili).
- Computer literacy in the use of MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is desired
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
- Experience of working in hardship area.
go to method of application »
Requisition ID: req6211
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
The position will be based in the filed site and will work closely with the field teams to improve program quality through improved data management systems and processes.
Under the supervision of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the HIS intern shall be responsible for documentation of data at the OPD and in-patient department through hard copy and soft copy, summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms of data generated from the activities of the Health programs with a key focus on generation and submission of timely qualitative and quantitative reports.
- Supervise and conduct on-job mentorship of field staff on primary source documentation in the health facilities majoring on General hospital and main hospital and extending to the peripheral clinics.
- Capacity building of the staff both national and incentives on data management and proper documentation of the primary sources (hard copy and soft copy).
- Apply appropriate statistical analysis tools and methods for routine and ad-hoc analysis of cross-sectional as well longitudinal data.
- Generate regular reports used by health program staffs for Monitoring & Evaluation purposes
- Work with the M&E and program staff to develop and provide the required data collection tools and computer based data management & reporting system
- Continuous and frequent close monitoring / supervision of all levels of data collection from entry, filling, compiling, summarizing and giving feedback to M&E Manager and Clinical Services Manager
- Supervision and mentorship of the medical record clerks /medical assistants on data management at the health facilities.
- Ensure data synchronization is done accurately at the General hospital and main hospital by all the departments.
- Synchronize mobile phone data capture with desktop application and servers
- Regularly update data after cleaning.
- Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for health program interventions
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Senior M&E Officer.
- Diploma in Health Records/Information Management, Computer Science, Statistics, IT, Health Sciences or other related field.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation technologies, techniques, approaches and methodologies in health programs.
- Interest and/or experience in clinical or public health research/program
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms Access Relational database is required.
- Excellent Knowledge of EPI INFO, is required
- Experience in Mobile data usage and Electronic medical records (EMR).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.