Amref Health Africa is an international African organisation headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
Our Mission We are committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
The Technical Director for USAID MOMENTUM will provide support, leadership and management of the MOMENTUM project team. The goal of MOMENTUM Round 2A is to provide targeted technical and capacity development assistance to USAID missions, partner countries, and local organizations for sustained improvements in MNCH/FP/RH outcomes to advance country progress along the journey to self-reliance; and contribute to global technical leadership and policy-dialogue for achievement of MNCH/FP/RH goals.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to ensure that activities related to clinical and technical support are implemented and monitored and objectives are implemented as planned.
- Work with the program team to conduct quarterly and annual program review meetings; provide quarterly and annual progress reports on technical activities implementation.
- Participate in developing/revising supervision and other quality assurance tools for MOMENTUM.
- Provide regular knowledge and skill update to all technical staff within the MOMENTUM program on new clinical developments related to MNCH/FP/RH.
- Provide regular support and supervision to staff under direct line management including building the technical and managerial capacity of staff under direct line management.
- Participate in operations research and documentation of lessons learned and best practices.
- Interact with USG teams on relevant technical issues affecting MNCH/FP/RH initiatives, task forces and working groups.
- Ensure timely submission of major technical reports to donors, partners and other stakeholders as well as other reports needed/required by key stakeholders.
- Foster strong partnerships and build networks between with relevant MOH, USAID, local health institutions, local organisations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Interact on the international, national and regional development and implementation of MNCH/FP/RH related policy, programs and training curricula; and communicate all policy updates and new directions to the program and technical teams as appropriate.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover letter in PDF specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to Amref Health Africa (2 pages max) and an updated CV in PDF (3 pages max) with the subject line: Amref/MOMENTUM Round 2A/2019/08-19 to Recruitment@amref.org