Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 56 destinations worldwide, 43 of which are in Africa and carries over three million passengers annually. It continues to modernize its fleet with its 33 aircrafts being some of the youngest in Africa. This includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircrafts. The on-board service is renowned and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide-body aircraft is consistently voted among the world’s top 10. Kenya Airways celebrated 40 years of operations in January 2017 and was named Africa Leading Airline 2017 by the World Travel Awards.
To support the Company’s further growth and expansion, we seek to employ additional Captains who have Jet experience.
Role Purpose Statement
Proper and efficient management of relevant aircraft fleet and its flight crew in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations.
- Implement and maintain proper administrative and discipline (procedures) in his/her fleet to ensure operations are in accordance with company standards, policy and procedures to enhance safety and adherent to legal requirements.
- In coordination with the Chief Fleet Instructor, planning of the training (base, simulator or route) programme in accordance with the relevant approved syllabi. He shall produce a written programme to all concerned stipulating the details of the plan.
- In coordination with the Chief pilot develop operational procedures and standards to achieve higher minima than regulatory requirements.
- Accomplish routine monitoring of safety, security and quality control activities to ensure ongoing conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures.
- Analyzing Captain reports, compiling trends and recommending necessary actions to be taken
- Making annual confidential reports on his immediate subordinates to the Chief Pilot and recommending their promotions, increments, transfer or dismissal as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Crew Scheduling Manager, ensure satisfactory crew scheduling patterns for the optimum utilization of all flight deck crew.
- In conjunction with Crew Scheduling Manager, provide seasonal optimal Flight crew numbers to facilitate effective network schedule compilation.
- Prepare, analyse and provide periodic performance reports for flight crew. 10. Ensure the contents of the applicable Flight Manual, Flight Crew Operations Manual and all applicable Fleet Notices are correct and amended as necessary.
- Ensure all flight deck crew operate in accordance with the standards and procedures laid down and that they are trained and checked accordingly
- Authorizing leave and travel for subordinate flight deck crews
- Maintaining good morale and a high standard of discipline and conduct among crews at all times
- Ensure corrective actions to all audit findings are carried out to completion within the time frame specified.
- Ensure proper flight deck crew planning to optimize their utilisation and productivity.
- Recommend to Chief Pilot on issues of promotion and increments of flight crew and maintain high morale in order to achieve high productivity.
- Investigate and establish delay causes attributed to flight crew in order to minimize recurrence of the same.
- Assist investigate and determine, in collaboration with Flight Safety Manager, incidents/accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions identified by quality& safety audits; investigations or other internal reporting mechanisms are undertaken within the agreed time frame.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- Current airline transport pilot license with the appropriate ratings for at least one of the aircrafts used in Kenya Airways operations.
- Three years’ experience as Pilot-in-Command in Kenya Airways.
- Current instrument rating.
- 7 years’ experience in Commercial Air Transport operations.
- Rated Instructor.
- Fleet Operations Management.
- IT skills.
- Holder of ‘O’ level or higher.
You are our ideal candidate if you possess as a minimum: –
- Minimum 4000 hours including 2000 hours command on an aircraft 15 tonnes all up weight (AUW) or greater
- ATPL and Instrument rating
- ‘O’ level certificate with aggregate grade of C- (Kenya) or GCE/IGCE, or equivalent, and C-/credits/passes in these mandatory subjects: – Mathematics, English language, and Physics/Chemistry/Physical Sciences.
- Kenyan National
- Computer literacy
In addition, to excel in our team, you will have these competences: –
- Fluency in English (spoken & written).
- Sound judgement.
- Ability to lead.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different nationalities/cultural backgrounds.
- Customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent communicator.
- High level of integrity and team spirit.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.