Unga Holdings is a market leader in the manufacturing and provision of superior human nutrition, animal nutrition and animal health products and services within Eastern Africa. Unga family brands are milled using superior quality grains, selected to achieve high customer satisfaction levels at the same time ensuring that the nutritional value is retained in products when utilized.
Unga Holdings Limited’s subsidiaries include Unga Limited, Unga Farm Care (EA) Limited, Ennsvalley Bakery Limited and Unga Millers (U) Limited. Over 90% of the company’s revenue is derived from Kenya with the remainder attributed to sales in Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
About the role
The HR Manager - Performance Management and Talent Development will be responsible for the development and execution of the Performance Management, Talent, and Learning and Development processes. The successful individual will ensure these processes are implemented, evaluated, aligned, monitored and continuously improved to meet Unga business requirements.
- In collaboration with the Group HR Manager, work with business leaders to develop and implement Performance Management, Talent and Learning and Development strategies that enable both short term and long term growth and benefit for the organization
- Oversee and manage all activities related to the performance management cycle and manage all communication, sensitization and monitoring of the process to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the business needs
- Lead the development, review and implementation of the Unga performance management system (HK) that ensures adequate alignment between individual performance objectives and business objectives and performance
- Partner with line managers to create a high-performance culture and an enabling environment through alignment of business requirements and individual goals
- Effectively ensure the cascading and education of employees to ensure compliance with the performance management process and systems; ensure that the process is implemented in a fair and transparent manner
- Effectively implement systems and processes that encourage a meaningful performance and development dialogue between the manager and employee
- Facilitate discussions with management to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives and priority areas and continuously track current performance highlighting any areas of concern for immediate corrective action.
- Drive the leadership development, coaching and mentoring programs such as Corporate Training Programs
- Develop and ensure effective implementation and evaluation of the Learning and Development strategy
- Oversee the implementation of training programmes. This includes conducting training needs analysis, collation of information on staff training and development needs, involvement in identification of suitable interventions for identified gaps
- Manage and monitor services of all Learning and Development service suppliers
- Set up and manage the Unga Academy
- Build a leadership pipeline that improves the depth and readiness of talent across the organization to meet the needs of accelerating organizational growth
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent
- Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning)
- Serve as a business partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction.
- Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
- Develop, initiate and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning
Oversee regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
Desired Candidate Profile
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Social Sciences or a related field
- A relevant Master’s degree is an added advantage
- A professional qualification in HR with Membership to a relevant professional body is required
- At least 6 - 7 years’ experience within Human Resources with exposure in performance and talent management
- You have experience in driving a high-performance culture
- You are able to continuously create and maintain momentum and a sense of urgency toward desired results
- You communicate high expectations, link performance improvement and skill development to relevant personal and business goals and ensure understanding and commitment to performance
- You have the ability to foster developmental relationships by helping people feel valued and included in coaching and development discussions
- Change management - proactively recognize the need for innovation or improvement and initiate efforts to explore alternative solutions.
- Effective communication – Ability to communicate information, verbally and in writing, in a way that creates understanding, captures interest and gains support
About the role
The Procurement Manager - Raw and Packaging Materials will effectively and efficiently manage the procurement of Raw and Packaging materials in line with the company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the company's procurement strategy and objectives
- Ensure effective and efficient sourcing of raw and packaging materials both locally and internationally as per the budgets and the laid down procedures
- Source, maintain and develop credible and competitive suppliers and supplier relationships
- Prepare and manage supplier agreements and contracts to ensure compliance and risk mitigation
- Keep abreast of and monitor procurement world market trends and recommend appropriate action
- Ensure optimal stock holding levels and accurate documentation for all procurement processes
- Ensure Continual Improvement designated initiatives are implemented, leading to increased productivity
- Review work performance of reportees including their development and training
Desired Candidate Profile
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- A Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- You have a minimum of six (6) years’ relevant working experience, three (3) of which should be at mid to senior management level
- You have broad knowledge of international purchasing procedures including payment and financing methods.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, experience in SAP and other Procurement software is a great advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of the global import market including East Africa is required
- You have great experience sourcing for suppliers and negotiating for the best deals
- You have experience in managing, motivating and influencing cross-functional teams
Key Leadership Competencies
- Commercial Awareness - Ability to understand the key business issues that affect the profitability and growth of an enterprise and takes appropriate action to maximise success
- Leading Change - Proactively supports change and effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements
- Advancing Strategy - Takes account of a wide range of longer-term issues, opportunities and contingencies. Identifies the means of implementing plans in line with the vision and direction
- Driving Execution - Ability to create and maintain a high level of appropriately directed activity. Shows determination and the capacity to work hard
- Developing Self and Others - Develops the skills and competencies of others through training, coaching and other development activities related to current and future roles
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.