DKT International is a registered, non-profit organization founded in 1989 to focus the power of social marketing on some of the largest countries with the greatest needs for family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and safe abortion. By doing so, DKT has achieved tremendous health impact, and done it cost-efficiently. Although we work mostly in the private sector, we also support the public sector, often partnering with government health facilities to reach the total market.
A Procurement Assistant helps a procurement professional to ensure that a business has a constant supply of materials or equipment. They work primarily in an administrative capacity, doing tasks such as scheduling material purchases and deliveries and verifying current inventory.
- Support the Procurement and Logistics department to ensure day-to-day procurement and logistics activities are running efficiently and effectively.
- Receive procurement requisition requests from departments and process requests on a timely basis.
- Source and receive supplier quotations for review and approval in coordination with Manager; maintain accurate bid quotation comparisons for review.
- Continuously look for vendors that provide high quality and value-for-money services; ensure cost efficiency for the business.
- Prepare procurement documentation for review and approval, including data entry into SAP Business One software.
- Follow up with vendors and ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensure goods received are complete and of high quality.
- Receiving supplier invoices and verifying information on supporting documents (delivery notes, purchase orders, purchase requisitions, etc).
- Assist in capital equipment procurement and monitoring, including coordination with finance department to effectively procure, receive and tag all fixed assets purchased
- Continuously monitor vendor performance and report back on vendor non-performance; in collaboration with Manager, maintain a preferred vendor list with vetted and high performing vendors.
- Continuously strive to improve procurement processes and value-for-money for the company through effective negotiation.
- Assist in ensuring an effective record keeping system for maintaining proper documentation. Ensure all procurement paperwork filing is complete, accurate, up to date, and in correct order to easily facilitate checks and audits.
- Assist in samples and marketing material stock management to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Accurately maintain bin card system and stock levels in SAP Business One to ensure stock items at stores are accurate.
- Perform monthly reconciliation on samples and marketing material requisitions and stock levels.
- Assisting in monitoring, evaluating and analyzing stock quantities and levels in liaison with supervisor to ensure no material or product goes out of stock.
- Updating supplies requisitions and import tracker as requested
- As requested, support the import process, including coordination with logistics agents to process import permits, shipping documents, etc.
- Minimum three (3) years of direct full-time experience working in a procurement and purchasing position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Strong preference for experience in a large entity or non-governmental organization with significant procurement needs and turnover; familiarity with donor requirements for documentation preferred.
- Use/experience in use of ERP/SAP is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience effectively implementing all steps in the procurement to pay process.
- Degree / Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or related business field.
- Valid KISM and CIPS (UK) Membership
go to method of application »
As the ‘brand guardian’ the brand manager will maintain integrity across all brand marketing initiatives and communications.
Effectively develop brand strategy and implement
- In coordination with the Marketing Manager, develops and implements brand and marketing plans for brand portfolio. This includes annual brand plans, brand briefs and campaign briefs.
- Develop and implement marketing initiatives that meet and exceed consumer needs, building our share across product categories.
- Develop strategies, plan and execute all communications and media actions across all channels including above the line, below the line, online and social media ensuring that products and services meet customers’ expectations and build credibility of the brands.
- Provide direct oversight and supervision for production of the above the line advertising, below the line events, print, email campaigns, digital media, exhibitions, road shows, trainings and other forms of marketing initiatives to maintain consistency in branding.
- Liaise and supervise output from designers, agencies, media planning and buying during implantation of activities.
- Analyze the success of marketing campaigns ROI per activity and provide requisite feedback reports.
- Supervise advertising, events, launches, exhibitions, below the line, photo shoots and other forms of marketing to ensure consistency in branding.
- Communicate brand messaging through coordination and meeting with clients, working with colleagues across multiple departments (agencies and internal stakeholders).
- Take ownership of brand messaging and implantation of brand campaigns touching on all aspects of the 4 P’s of marketing.
- Carry out market research in order to keep up to date with consumer trends as well as trying to predict future trends (market trends, consumer priorities).
- Conduct continuous competitor and customer insight analysis.
- Managing brand portfolio budgets.
- Assist with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as development of new business opportunities.
- Maintain continuous surveillance and evaluation of competitive products, performance, pricing and marketing techniques through interaction with sales, end users and other sources.
Complete other duties as assigned and when required, including contribution to larger organizational initiatives.
- Execution of marketing activities planned vs actual
- Return on investment on marketing activities
- Market Share, penetration and growth
- Customer awareness and satisfaction
- Minimum 5 years of Consumer Marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Business, Communication, Social Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Holder of professional marketing qualifications.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences, creatively devising and leading cross channel marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills; ability to plan for, carry out and provide support for multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
Send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and cover letter outlining the relevant experience you have to complete the assignment (Please quote the title on the cover letter subject) to email@example.com
Proposal for implementing the project
Sample of previous work done.
This is a short-time consultancy based in Nairobi, Kenya and working closely with the Ministry of Health’s Reproductive and Maternal Health Services Unit.
Interested and qualified? Go to DKT Healthcare career website on to apply