- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Logistics Manager at Colgate-Palmolive
Posted on: 4 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Colgate-Palmolive
Colgate-Palmolive is among the world’s most trusted and recognized brands, serving hundreds of millions of consumers across over 220 countries. A truly global company, we have a world of opportunities and experiences to offer.
Every one of our employees plays an important role in ensuring we deliver the quality products consumers rely on to care for themselves and the ones they love. So we recognize that our success is driven by these talented and dedicated Colgate people around the world. And in turn we are dedicated to the success of our people, offering an array of resources to help expand their professional and personal horizons - from stimulating career opportunities and access to world-class training and leadership development programs, to wellness initiatives and opportunities to contribute to the communities where we live and work.
Position Reports To: Regional Logistics Manager
Next Level Manager: Director CS&L EWA
Position Description: The Logistics Manager is responsible for:-
- Managing effective Customer order fulfillment for the designated region.
- Management of the logistics processes for Finished Goods for the region, inbound to the warehouse and outbound distribution to the customer, i.e. all processes relevant to the movement of Finished Goods from the source factory, though to delivery to the customer – Proof of Delivery.
- Managing subsidiary Logistics financial performance, quality, EOHS, people and organization development.
- As the primary CS&L leader for the site, the Logistics Manager also assumes a key role in developing mutually beneficial relationships with 3rd party logistics providers, regulatory agencies, the local community, and developing collaborative partnerships with CP colleagues.
- Able to develop and maintain logistics best practices that deliver superior customer service while meeting budget expectations, in line with the Regional targets.
- Accountable for the implementation, and monitoring of the Logistics Operating Budget inclusive of all Transportation and Warehousing costs. Lead efforts to optimize Local Transportation and Warehousing costs.
- Lead efforts to evaluate alternative Supply Chain networks that optimize cost and service objectives while considering changes in business and customer profiles.
- Work with systems support personnel to ensure greater utilization of SAP throughout the Customer Service & Logistics organization.
- Identification, collation and reporting of system process gaps which require regional support to facilitate day to day transactional process improvements.
- Manages the people, materials, equipment, and Logistics processes to deliver site performance objectives, as measured by corporate and local KPI’s.
- Local warehouse adherence to Colgate-Palmolive, and governmental guidelines related to EOHS, Quality, and Regulatory.
- Manages the outsourcing and on-going relationships with Local Third Party Logistics (3PL) providers – Warehousing, Distribution and Clearing & Forwarding, to deliver performance requirements, and escalated where required to leverage Regional key account support.
- Acts as a functional resource, providing support on task forces, acquisition studies, and major project support.
- Executes Regional/Divisional and Global Logistics strategies.
- Leverages SGC based teams to provide tools and information to CDT based teams, and coordinates teams to improve Synchronization metrics.
- Accountable for the Customer Service Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and working with the entire Supply Chain and Sales organizations to maximize results.
- Ensuring Scrapped items are processed: timely clearance of items
- Implementation of safety stock levels as proposed by Inventory planning team
- Issues appropriate corporate communications regarding Situation Alerts, EOHS & Microbiology incidents, and coordinates and approves returns in network as required.
- Attend CDT Key Account “Top to Top” Meetings when necessary and present Customer Service & Logistics performance and strategies.
- Attending and presenting at CAM, and CBP meetings representing feedback from CS&L teams.
- Timely processing of vendor invoices for our 3PL providers.
- Communicate pro-actively with CDT’s when supply execution issues are experienced to manage customer’s expectations.
- Empowers subordinates by way of training, information sharing, coaching, feedback, appraisals, and delegation, to ensure the development of people and organizational capabilities.
- Facilitate the employee performance management process to include:
- Assisting in the development of individual objectives
- Completing the employee performance appraisal on a yearly basis
- Completing quarterly one – on – one reviews with team members
- Coordinating, reporting and administering of HR procedures to ensure necessary reports and documents are provided to HR and management on-time. EG: Commendations, Warning letters, PEP action plans or any documentation required to ensure performance is documented for all candidates
- Providing coaching and feedback input
- B.A./B.S. Degree required
- 3-5 years Logistic experience
- Managing People / Coaching
- SAP experience is required
- Proven/Excellent communication skills ( internal and external, all levels )
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Colgate-Palmolive career website on jobs.colgate.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Colgate-PalmoliveSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at Twyford Tile
- Brand Operations Manager at Nestlé
- Assistant Customer Service Excellence Manager at Unilever
- Production Manager at British American Tobacco
- Human Resource Assistant at Twiga Foods Limited
- Brewing Graduate Recruitment at Guinness
- Demand and Supply Planner at Upfield
- Human Resources Officer at Suguna Foods Limited