Centum is the largest quoted investment company in East Africa with over 38,000 shareholders and have been listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange since 1967.
We are both a provider and manager of funds, and positions ourselves as an investment channel through which other investors are able to access diversified investments and management expertise for a superior return.
Greenblade Growers a subsidiary of Centum seeks to recruit a Farm Manager for its Tumaini Operations in Ol Kalou. The role reports to the General Manager.
- Manage the implementation of the farm operations by Unit heads and team leaders to ensure targeted supply of raw material to the packhouse is achieved
- Prepare and report raw material supply projections to the packhouse
- Coordinate the farm units to harvest and supply raw material to the packhouse
- Coordinate with the Finance and admin department the supply of inputs, tools, machinery services and other materials as per the farming programs issued by the general manager
- In consultation with farm unit heads prepare application details for sprays, fertilizers and irrigation.
- Coordinate the supply of shared services i.e. spray, irrigation and land preparation by the farm units
- Ensure all documentation and records regarding inputs usage are maintained as per legal and certification requirements.
- Organize the recruitment of labour in collaboration with Unit heads, team leaders and HR Officer
- Ensure labour deployed is utilized efficiently in the farm
- Ensure company HR policies and procedures and adhered to in the farm
- Review and approve worker payments
- Maintain high levels of health and safety in the farm
- Manage the certification and licencing of the farm and its
Minimum Education Qualifications
- A minimum of Diploma in Agriculture from an accredited institution
- Basis & Facts certification will be an added advantage
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Over 3 years’ experience in a medium sized herbs farm
- Understanding of production of the following herbs; Chives, mint, thyme and Rosemary
- Thorough understanding of GLOBAL GAP, SMETA and TNC certification
- Understanding on legal requirements for farms
- Understanding on health and safety procedures for farms
- Understanding of Integrated Pest Management
- Understanding of Safe use and disposal of pesticides and fertilizers
- Understanding of labour laws of Kenya
Barium Capital, a subsidiary of Centum Investment Company Plc, is a boutique transaction advisory firm that specializes in capital raising in the private Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions advisory.
Reporting to the Associate, the Analyst will be responsible for supporting senior transactions team members in the execution of debt and equity advisory mandates.
- Assist in conducting due diligence on prospective counterparties and projects
- Reviewing company, economic and financial information for prospective transactions
- Assist in the preparation of transaction related documents such as mandate letters and information memoranda
- Developing and interpret financial models
- Conducting industry and market research
- Supporting all aspects of portfolio management and monitoring such as reviewing post-transaction financial performance and compliance with covenants
- Developing and updating reports to keep the organization informed of market trends and activities
- Bachelor's degree in finance, engineering, economics or any other business related field from a recognized university
- Progress in pursuing relevant finance/investment-related certification is an added advantage e.g CPA, ACCA, CFA, CAIA, CIFA etc
- Relevant work experience in the financial services sector
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good business communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial products, markets, and the investments sector
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements can submit their application on or before Friday, 13 th September 2019.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Barium Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.