- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Latest Jobs at Corporate Staffing Services Ltd
Posted on: 30 September, 2019
Deadline: 4 October, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Corporate Staffing
Corporate Staffing Services is a leading recruitment agency in Kenya providing complete recruitment services.
In the last ten years we have been partners to local and foreign businesses looking to hire Kenyan professionals. We have recruited for diverse clients in different sectors and industries.
Our Client is a Japanese company handling a power project in Naivasha. They seek to hire a customs clearing agent to be based in Nairobi and handle the clearance of goods for the project.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Contract Type: Valid till March 2020
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and identify the customs documentation requirements
- Review and process the different type of customs forms required for re-export and stamping procedures.
- Ensure that all documents called for by authorities are submitted promptly to ensure speedy clearance of goods and orders are correctly recorded in the customs and company’s systems
- Ensure that all cleared goods are also cleared from the company’s system and are properly recorded for future reference.
- Verifying that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for delivery against documents
- Calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients. Arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds and also prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
- Review and match issue documents to material to ensure correct item is being delivered to the customer.
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- Handle good working relationship with customs authorities and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Provide regular and accurate reports to the Clearance Supervisor on all cleared cargo and status of outstanding goods for clearance.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years relevant work Experience.
- Must hold a diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related course.
- Certificate in Computer studies or relevant with high proficiency in Microsoft office
- Must be conversant with the KRA clearance procedures
- Knowledge of documentation requirements
- Must have the ability to able to clear along borders.
- An overall professional and positive attitude
- Punctuality is must and flexible working hours
- Good interpersonal relations, communication skills and possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & exports as well as knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya as well as the International Community.
go to method of application »
Our client is a technology company dealing with development of systems in the medical, education and general service industry. They are seeking to hire a highly competent sales executive with experience in selling Software solutions.
Salary: 30k – 40k plus Commissions
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending software solutions.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Create a client database through various online platforms and identify key prospects in the organizations.
- Cold calling to book appointment and delivers the Demo of the product required by the client.
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A Diploma/Bachelor degree in IT or related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in selling and promoting IT / Software systems.
- Must have knowledge of Excel as a reporting tool
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in field sales
- Knowledge and experience in IT and software systems will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Sales/Business Development knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business opportunities and improve the profitability and competitive performance of the business
- Demonstrated ability in identifying and responding to current and future customer needs
- Ability to work on own initiative, meet tight deadlines and balance priorities to achieve results
go to method of application »
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas e.g. ICT, web design, etc.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ relevant experience.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to use UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Appreciate & Develop high quality Front End/UI patterns.
- A great sense of personal responsibility to the assigned work, with a keen interest to innovate around features and align them to the overall team goals and business objectives
- Working knowledge of CSS framework – Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
- Intermediate knowledge of front-end framework – Angular in the design, development, testing, securing and deployment of front-end web applications
- Intermediate knowledge and ability to connect web applications developed to our RESTful API services and third-party services
- Understanding of testing web applications
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
Technical Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of Git, Bit Bucket version control and software collaboration tool
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented development language – C#, VB.NET, .NET framework.
- Basic knowledge of database management systems – MS SQL Server
- Experience in Azure, Cloud Services (REST), Power BI.
- Portfolio of previous Front-End projects
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4th October 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Corporate StaffingSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Sheer Logic Management Consultants
- Maintenance Manager at Virtual HR
- Job Openings at Brites Management
- Job Opportunities at Lee & Myles
- Junior Programmer at Career Directions Limited
- Marketing & Sales Assistant at Nani Employees (10K)
- Jobs at HCS Africa
- Director at Emerging Talent