Ref No: Amref/HSS-Office Assistant/2019/10-01
JOB GRADE A1
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM/PROJECT Health Systems Strengthening Programme
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide general office support services to the Health Systems Strengthening Programme
Key area Activities
- Distribution of mail
- Sort and distribute mail to the respective offices;
- Distribution of documents from office to office.
- Carry out basic documentation including photocopying, updating office activity calendar
- Preparing and organising conference materials
- Provide welfare services
- Prepare and serve tea to programme staff; General Office Support
- Provide support to in work processes as assigned
- Ensure safe and proper closing and opening of the office
- Ensure timely availability of office stationery and safe custody of the same
- Supervising cleaners assigned to the programme.
- Support in organising meetings.
- Collecting and recording returned supplies and taking laboratory specimens
- Preparing manuals for students for all refresher course in the laboratory
- Carry out office errands as assigned
Required Qualifications Education
- O level Education.
- Computer Literate (word and Excel)
- One year experience in a busy office.
- Exposure to general office support
- Knowledge of modern office procedures
- Good Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Basic organisation and planning skills.
- Honest, punctual and hardworking.
- Ethical, High integrity and reliable
go to method of application »
Commodity Management Officer
Pharmacy Unit, Kibera Reach 90 Project
DURATION Short Term contract
PHYSICAL LOCATION KIBERA
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:-
To provide technical pharmaceutical expertise in health care service delivery, strategy development and implementation.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES KEY AREA
- Activities Strategy and implementation
- Develop project activity strategy with timely and regularly reviewed implementation work plans.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verifying that information is complete and accurate- Ensuring proper dispensing in the health centre.
- Pre-packing of medicines for dispensing.
- Enhancing rational drug use within the health centre.
- Timely and accurate dispensing to patients drugs.
- Coordinating, ordering of pharmaceutical purchase.
- Develop/ adopt relevant materials to support field activities.
- Monthly ordering of ARVS and 0I for the patients on HIV care and treatment.
- Ensuring cost effective selection of commodities for purchase.
- Order, label and count stock of medication and chemical supplies.
- Drug Store management
- Maintain proper storage, security conditions and records of pharmaceutical stocks.
- Ensuring timely requisition and inventory management.
- Timely issue ARVS& 0I to satellite sites.
- Tallying medicines received from supplies against invoices and cheeked for correctness of quantity, price, batch numbers and expiry date.
- Maintain shelves and medicine clean
- Maintain purchase records and invoice
- Ensure medicines for cold temperatures are always kept on refrigerator.
- Receive and store incoming supplies verify quantities against invoices and inform supervisors of stock needs.
KEY AREA Activities
- Drug fore-casting
- Forecasting drug needs for the health centre and satellite facilities.
- Monitoring stock and informing supervisors of stock needs.
- Adherence Counselling of ARV patients and advising on drugs dispensed.
- Assessing adherence at every visit for improved individual patient care.
- Record keeping
- Establish and maintain patient’s profiles, including list of medication taken by individual patients.
- Documenting reports done.
- Streamlining data entered in computer for ensuring accurate data quality.
- Reporting &documentation
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to the project as per donor requirements.
- Minimum of Diploma in pharmaceutical technology from a recognized institution.
- Training in HIV/AIDS
- Paediatric training
- At least 3 years working experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently and in multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Implementation of activities leading to the desired effects.
- ART commodity management
- Management for health systems strengthening
- Experience working in informal settlement / slums
- Problem solving skills, listening skills
- Team player, excellent communication and planning skills.
- Integrity and honesty
- Ethical work practices
- Respect for diversity
go to method of application »
WHO WE ARE
The Strategic Purchasing Africa Resource Center (SPARC) is a new resource hub aimed at strengthening strategic purchasing capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa by connecting existing regional expertise and matching it with country demand to make better use of resources for health. Our vision is to empower countries with knowledge and practical tools to make access to affordable and quality health care a reality for all. SPARC is creating a network of regional experts who can support the development of practical, home-grown solutions that meet countries’ strategic purchasing needs. SPARC is hosted by Amref Health Africa and benefits from the organization’s reach across sub-Saharan Africa. This relationship supports SPARC’s commitment to developing strong partnerships across the continent and building expertise in strategic purchasing and brokering support based on country demand. Through these partnerships, SPARC promotes evidence-informed policymaking that leads to better health spending and facilitates learning and sharing of best practices in health purchasing.
SPARC’s approach – key pillars:
- Coaching and mentoring: Build a cadre of regional experts who can work alongside and provide contextualized support to country-led strategic purchasing processes.
- Country engagement: Broker tailored packages of strategic purchasing support to address country needs and demand.
Knowledge management and joint learning: Build a learning agenda on strategic purchasing and capture and share practical lessons and experiences.
Under the leadership of the Program Manager, the Knowledge Management Specialist will provide strategic management of SPARC’s Knowledge Management and Learning programmatic pillar to ensure the work plan is coherently implemented and SPARC achieves its mission of becoming the “go-to” resource center for strategic purchasing in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Knowledge Management Specialist will use traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to capture and share the coaching and mentoring approach and technical knowledge in the area of strategic purchasing for UHC, and compile and leverage good practices to improve the effectiveness of strategic health purchasing in sub-Saharan Africa. S/he will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance the technical practice and provide practitioners with the tools needed to advance strategic purchasing within their health systems. Specifically, the Knowledge Management Specialist will lead and support learning events, the SPARC technical consortium and learning community, develop mechanisms for creating and sharing knowledge, produce resources and guidance, and facilitate ongoing content development and engagement of a learning community. Principal responsibilities are described in the section below.
KEY AREA Activity
- Strategy, Planning & Implementation
- Lead the development of knowledge management strategy, associated implementation plan and data sharing policy.
- Create a systematic approach for guiding ongoing country engagement, scoping analyses needed to address observed gaps and for identifying opportunities for innovation in strategic purchasing.
- Create mechanisms for capturing and documenting key successful interventions of SPARC and the global community that support strategic purchasing and work with the communications team to package them into knowledge products.
- Manage knowledge sharing events including seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
- Develop comprehensive map of strategic purchasing information sources, and define systems and processes for collecting, managing, and sharing data and information with stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to capacity building and support for internal knowledge acquisition, management and sharing – ensuring that relevant communities of practice are developed and strengthened with learning opportunities to ensure a pipeline of professional expertise and advice on all aspects of strategic purchasing.
- In conjunction with M&E team, assist in tracking indicators for KM deliverables
- Stakeholder Management
- Manage user website by responding to users’ needs in a timely manner and engaging them in meaningful knowledge exchange
- Identify and share creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences to facilitate joint learning and collaboration.
- Develop and maintain relations with knowledge centers, primary user groups and stakeholders.
- Information Management
- Ensure SPARC has an up-to-date easy-to-access database of lessons learned and best practices and success stories in strategic purchasing, country engagement and coaching and mentoring.
- Identify and curate technical website content, ensuring content is fresh and updated and managing content strategies that ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time in the right way.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with government teams, relevant institutions and program partners.
- In collaboration with SPARC stakeholders design and implement effective learning activities that capture and share knowledge.
- Engage partners and learning champions to expand online/in-person learning activities including engaging the growing user base on SPARC website, collaborating with external partners, and contributing content
KEY AREA Activity
- Work collaboratively with communications, web development, and training, to ensure alignment, integration and cohesion.
- Support in liaison with donors to identify potential areas of donor support for SPARC activities and to create partnerships that foster effective use of skills and resources.
SPARC is a small team with an ambitious work plan and works in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. The ideal candidate is highly-motivated, a fast learner, resourceful, flexible, independent, energetic, with excellent communications skills, cultural sensitivity and experience working with senior leaders.
- Advanced degree in public health, communication, knowledge management, organizational learning, education, management information systems or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of knowledge management, organizational learning or web-based learning experience.
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities.
- Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in health systems strengthening.
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work with humility, under tight deadlines and achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross cultural and geographical teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products at expert level.
- Willingness to travel within the region and across the African continent.
- Proficiency in using internet/social media-based learning tools.
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please quote the reference number and as the subject line of your email send your CV and application letter to email@example.com by latest 4 November , 2019.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa in Kenya does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref is an equal opportunity