- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs at AMSCO (African Management Services Company)
Posted on: 8 November, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at AMSCO (African Management Services Company)
A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO) has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 28 years.
We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable.
- Be the company’s brand ambassador in the hub (Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Speedo, Van Heusen etc)
- Recruit and build a capable, fully functional apparel supply team.
- Manage the driving of the garment development process from inception to sales and the importation of fabric, trims & packaging material from the origin to destination through Time & Action calendars.
- Manage the efficient running of the team in line with the company’s requirements.
- Building transparent and collaborative relationships with the company’s partner garment production factories in Kenya.
- Drive collaboration with internal business partners ensuring close alignment with fabric and trim development, fit evaluation, sales and capacity planning and seasonal demand loading teams.
- Drive the implementation of compliance as it relates to government regulations, health & safety and employee rights as well as to drive sustainability goals of the company with our partner factories.
- Deliver against the garment production service level agreements and cost objectives for the company.
- Work with Supply counter-parts including operations, sourcing, Raw Materials, Technical and Design team, Quality Assurance team, logistics, Corporate Responsibility team.
- Work with external contacts; Vendor i.e., Garment production factories, Fabric, trim and packaging suppliers, service providers i.e. shipping lines, freight forwarders, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Ministry of Labor, NITA, EPZA, Ken Invest etc.
- Ability to influence internal and external resources for exploring newness for the brand. Being initiative to offer new ideas and provide options for brand solutions.
- Ability to manage a team for the brand, needs and collaborate with multicultural, multi-lingual, multi-time zone business partners and get execution of brand strategy in line.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 8 years brand management experience,
- Deep understanding of garment construction and operations within a garment factory,
- Successful onboarding of a new garment factory,
- Successful launch of new apparel product categories in existing manufacturing platforms,
- Apparel cost negotiation,
- Production plan validation and follow up
- Leading, managing and development of garment supply team
- Experience in a global apparel and garment manufacturing environment
- Master’s degree in apparel or fashion technology or related field.
- Develops and maintains a Human Resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine current and competitive compensation plans that ensure compliance and equity within the Bank.
- Writes directives/opinions advising department managers of Bank policies regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with the law.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies or other departments within the Bank.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends and advises management on the same.
- Prepares and delivers reports to the Board of Directors and top management regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews and selects employees and interns to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward the Bank’s goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans such as Insurance and Pension plans.
- Safe custodian of information relating to staff such as hires, promotions, transfers, demotions, performance reviews, terminations and employee statistics.
- Coordinates board, management and staff trainings to enhance performance in respective job mandates.
- Regularly sensitizes the Board, management and staff on procedures relating to interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee related issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs of the Bank to external parties.
- Administers and co-ordinates performance review and appraisal within the Bank to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity.
- Co-ordinates and administers benefits such as life, health and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, maternity leave and employee assistance.
- Coordinates Human Resource Committee meetings and acts as the advisor.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares Budget of human resources operations for every financial year.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Co-ordinates the process of staff disciplinary hearings within the Bank and represents the Bank at staff related hearings and investigations.
- 5-7 year’s proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- A Master’s degree in the related field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of IHRM and have a practicing certificate.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AMSCO (African Management Services Company)Similar Jobs
- Epidemiologist at Clovers Management & Training Consultants
- Risk & Quality Senior Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
- Deputy Operations Manager- Workshop at Peak DMC
- Staffing Coordinators at VIZX International Staffing Solutions - 2 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Africa Management Solutions Limited (AMSOL)
- Area Trade Marketer at Sheer Logic
- Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
- Client Partner at Raiser Resource Group