A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO) has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 28 years.
We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable.
Human Resource Manager
- Develops and maintains a Human Resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine current and competitive compensation plans that ensure compliance and equity within the Bank.
- Writes directives/opinions advising department managers of Bank policies regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with the law.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies or other departments within the Bank.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends and advises management on the same.
- Prepares and delivers reports to the Board of Directors and top management regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews and selects employees and interns to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward the Bank’s goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans such as Insurance and Pension plans.
- Safe custodian of information relating to staff such as hires, promotions, transfers, demotions, performance reviews, terminations and employee statistics.
- Coordinates board, management and staff trainings to enhance performance in respective job mandates.
- Regularly sensitizes the Board, management and staff on procedures relating to interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee related issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs of the Bank to external parties.
- Administers and co-ordinates performance review and appraisal within the Bank to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity.
- Co-ordinates and administers benefits such as life, health and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, maternity leave and employee assistance.
- Coordinates Human Resource Committee meetings and acts as the advisor.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares Budget of human resources operations for every financial year.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Co-ordinates the process of staff disciplinary hearings within the Bank and represents the Bank at staff related hearings and investigations.
- 5-7 year’s proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- A Master’s degree in the related field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of IHRM and have a practicing certificate.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.