The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
Deputy Director Fiscal Affairs
SCALE – CRA 3
Reporting to the Director Fiscal Affairs, the job holder shall deputize in provision of leadership in developing financial management systems for counties, developing county revenue enhancement strategies while building fiscal management capacity for counties in line with CRA mandate.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Support the Director Fiscal Affairs in spearheading the execution of the Commission’s Fiscal Affairs mandate.
- Support the Director Fiscal Affairs in developing, validating and implementing strategies and policies for policy and guideline in formulation in line with CRA’s mandate.
- Participate in the development of the Directorate’s budget and work plan to support its operations.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and carry out performance appraisals as required.
- Assist in the development of high level analysis of county financial reports to inform policy development.
- Review county financial statement and provide timely reports on findings.
- Review county expenditures to inform recommendations relating to revenue allocation.
- Work with counties on identifying opportunities for revenue generation.
- Review financial reports to ensure compliance with the relevant laws.
- Make recommendations on measures to be taken by counties to ensure compliance and uniformity.
- Make recommendations on measures to be taken by counties on their financial management.
- Advise on the structure of financial reports for counties to ensure compliance and uniformity.
- Make recommendations on revenue management to ensure efficiency in collection and administration.
- Develop and deliver training material for county budget monitoring and implementation.
- Work closely with the Director in engaging county officials to clarify and make recommendations on matters of devolution and in line with Commissions mandate.
- Participate in planning and budget making of the directorate.
- Deputize the director in authorization of expenses in their absentia.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, accounting or economics or the equivalent qualifications, with relevant experience of over ten (10) years.
- Holder of CPAK or its equivalent.
Experience, Knowledge And Skill Requirements:
- A minimum of seven (7) year’s relevant progressive experience in fiscal policy development and /or implementation.
- At least three (3) year’s in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, public finance management principles and processes.
- Demonstrated successes in the fields of financial analysis, project formulation, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Demonstrable report writing, presentation skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications and
- Ability to work in a team.
Method of Application
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Note the following changes in the designations:
Assistant Director, Research (Macro/Micro) changes to Manager, Research (Macro/Micro) (CRA 4)
Assistant Director, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis changes to Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis (CRA 4)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday
29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer