Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value added services and support for community projects. With over 20 Million subscribers and an estimated market share of 67%, the Company has the widest modern mobile network coverage in Kenya and prides in its experienced shareholders, attractive tariffs, a nationwide network of effective dealers, high caliber staff and management enabling it to maintain its position as the region’s mobile market leader.
M-Pesa Agent Support - Intern
We are pleased to announce the following Internship vacancy in the Distribution Channel Department within the Regional Sales and Operations Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – M-PESA Agent Support, the position holder will provide administrative support to assigned M-PESA Agents and ensure effective and smooth channel operations and revenue delivery.
- To provide administrative support, facilitate and enforce M-PESA agent compliance with M-PESA Agents Operating Standards/Regulation/ Processes/ procedures and contract.
- To process documentation on all targeted and general M-PESA agent communication and progress reports for assigned Agents.
- To ensure access management and availability of systems, process /procedures that facilitate M-PESA agent operations.
- To provide structured support in M-PESA Agent Operations for assigned Agents including Float targets administration, float accessibility and M-PESA Agent performance Reporting/ Communication.
- To provide end to end management of all administrative Agents requests, new Agent head office and store on-boarding including operationalization.
- To manage Safaricom relationship with assigned M-PESA agents through prompt resolution of dealer escalations in liaison with all internal stakeholders.
- Must be a continuing degree student in Sales/Marketing/Business Administration in a recognized University
- Hands on administration experience in a FMCG or service sector.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
NOTE THIS IS A 3 MONTH INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
As part of the interview process external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- University Degree Certificate/ Letter of Completion from University in case you have not received your degree certificate.
- Copy of your National ID/Passport
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.