If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, Tala's proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by Forbes, the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others. Tala is headquartered in Los Angeles with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
Collections Team Lead
Tala’s Collections Team Lead (Tanzania) will be responsible for managing the collections team ( with ~15 collectors total). In addition to managing individual and team performance metrics, the Collections Team Lead will also develop strategies for Tanzania collections team to meet and sustain performance to hit company’s portfolio targets.
What you will do:
- Develop collection strategies to hit portfolio targets, including but not limited to: incentives, training/coaching on negotiation, etc., call campaigns, account segmentation & prioritisation, automated reminder messaging, testing new campaign approaches, and evaluating/creating business case for technology improvements.
- Exceed team-level recovery rate and cure rate targets on a monthly basis
- Manage team on-boarding, training, quality assurance, incentive tracking, and growth path plans for collectors
- Keep natural team attrition rate below acceptable threshold
What you should have:
- Minimum 3 years managing collections teams for a local consumer lender.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities of: humility, service, efficiency, management, goal attainment, team motivation, and communication
- Strong probing, communication, problem solving and decision makes skills to effectively resolve complex customer and employee issues
- Ability to perform analysis with data to make recommendations for new collections strategies
- Expertise and focus in empathy, trust, and speed of customer service issues.
- Clear understanding of collections call models.
- Strong decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing.
- Maintains a positive attitude. Can rally team even in times of adversity and challenges.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Experience creating reports to monitor individual collections performance
- Experience training team members on systems and process.
- Demonstrated expertise of team KPIS.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Tala (formerly InVenture) career website on boards.greenhouse.getrake.io to apply