Reporting to the Cluster Trade and Marketing Manager, the Trade Manager has the responsibility for the direction setting and market Intelligence around products, pricing and placement for the assigned trades.
She/he operates at a tactical and an executional level with a near-term perspective of translating direction from the trade desks in Centre TnM to the trade(s) handled, which also entails driving trade components to the Cluster Market Plan and Cluster Action plan. She/he uses levers such as trade and customer mixing, contracting strategies and pricing intelligence based on tight cooperation with Centre Trade & Marketing, following the standard processes and tools for the function.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
An excellent opportunity where you will play an integral part of the business decision-making process.
You will develop analytics and understanding, design and drive action plans for the Cluster Top, Cluster Sales and, Centre Trade/Centre Revenue teams; helping Maersk Line achieve and maintain a competitive leadership position in the market.
You will thrive in an environment with many different stakeholders and will build trusted relationships across the organizational layers and functions.
- Direction setting for assigned trades
- Market mapping for market share purposes
- Market intel from Cluster to Centre on Product
- Price and Placement for assigned trades
- Define growth/segmentation opportunities
- Assign Cluster “Must Win Customers”
- Performance against Market and Action plan
- Customer and sales intelligence in SFDC
- Contingencies and exceptions on team assigned trades – outside of handbook agreements
- Running MLOS to current Standard
- Trade performance weekly/monthly
- Product feedback and development input
- Trade forecast for Cluster to Centre TnM
- Pipeline alignment to market plan
- Sales activation materials creation
- Sales opportunity generation
- Communication on trade mattersCreate and realize business development plans and activities
- Accountability for/decision power over:
- Trade(s) specific Cluster Market Plan input
- Trade(s) specific actions on Cluster Action Plan
- Market mapping
- Market development input on Trades
- Dissemination of Trade direction
- Set the Trade team
- Consulted on/gives input to:
- Market outlook
- Trade strategy and Rolling Forecast
- Market plan, pricing plan and contract plan for assigned trades
- Give input on forecasting, where required
- Pricing effectiveness in trade
- Local differentiators
- Deployment opportunities and risks
- Tender negotiations and contracts
- Operations execution, in exceptions and contingencies outside of handbooks
- Management forum participation:
- Ad hoc participation in strategic projects
- Participation in Trade Strategy Meetings
We are looking for
- 3-5 years of experience in shipping or transportation (depot , road and rail logistic) industry.
- Travel required.
- Postgraduate education preferable.
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and data driven mindset Ability to communicate clearly and set focus/direction
- Stakeholder management