If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications. Learn more about Oracle http://oracle.com/us/corporate
The Deal Manager leads and manages the contracting process end-to-end for strategic, complex transactions that meet regional criteria requiring Deal Manager involvement. The Deal Manager sets the overall direction for his/her assigned managed deal(s) and is responsible for the successful execution of the contracting process, ensuring consistency and adherence with Oracle strategy, commitments and goals as well as compliance with Oracle policies and procedures.
The Deal Manager facilitates and co-coordinates discussion amongst Sales and multiple Oracle functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to reach agreement on contracting terms in order to solve complex contracting scenarios and meet the specific needs of his/her assigned managed deal(s).
The Deal Manager may work in a multi-cultural environment and cover multiple countries and/or lines of business. The work is fast-paced and seasonal in nature, corresponding with Oracle’s quarterly and annual fiscal cycles.
- Work proactively with Sales and functional stakeholders, (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to develop a realistic close plan for his/her assigned managed deal(s) including identifying key milestones, anticipating potential issues and identifying resolutive actions to be taken.
- Provide advice to Sales by identifying applicable Oracle policies as they relate to specific contract terms, relevant for the assigned managed deal(s); advising Sales on the appropriate contract terminology for the deal.
- Articulate to Sales the rationale behind Oracle policy and contract terms to assist them with Customer negotiations. Know when to defer to functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) during Customer negotiations.
- Advise Sales on the appropriate terminology to include in approval requests to ensure that the contract term requests are clear and unambiguous; allowing Oracle approvers to make informed decisions and Deal Specialists to successfully and efficiently draft the final contract.
- Facilitate internal discussions amongst functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to reach practical business solutions to complex contracting issues, and provide such functional stakeholders with any contract documents necessary to ensure a thorough evaluation of issues.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to the Deal Specialists responsible for drafting the managed deal(s).
- Complete final review of the contract documents prepared by the Deal Specialist to ensure that all contract terms have been appropriately approved by Oracle and the contract reflects all negotiated commitments before releasing the contract to Sales.
- Proactively manage the deal close plan, facilitating involvement and commitment from all parties until the contracting process has concluded.
- Other responsibilities as may be deemed appropriate by Oracle management.
- 3-5 years of experience in contracting environment
- Proficient in Email, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment under pressure
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task, and prioritize when required
- Organized, detail oriented, and time management skills
- Prior experience in high tech industry, consulting, or professional services industry preferred
- BA/BS degree in Business; Business Administration /Law degree or equivalent
- Sounds Like You? We Want To Hear From You! What’s In It For You? When You Grow, We Grow!
At Oracle, our success starts with people who make it happen – our employees. Therefore, Oracle is committed to providing you with the rewarding career development you’re seeking, but also with unmatched benefits that help you get the most out of your career and your life.
WHAT MAKES #ORACLETALENT?
- A network of Talented and motivated colleagues striving to excellence.
- A stimulating environment where you create your own career path.
- Professional development, training, and tools that enable you to grow.
- Flexibility to balance your life and your career, and enjoy both to the fullest.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Oracle career website on oracle.taleo.net to apply