The Office of the Controller of Budget (OCOB) is a Constitutional Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya to oversee and report on the implementation of the budgets of the National and County Governments to each House of Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions
This position is responsible for provision of clerical services. An officer at this level will be deployed in any department to carry out simple duties of clerical nature relating to the area of deployment.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Accounts the officer will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial and accounting records
- Prepare and submit statutory payments as required in the national regulations for National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) and National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- Prepare accurate and timely bank reconciliations and administrate Petty Cash
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements
- Process monthly payroll and staff allowances such as per diems or other in line with internal regulations
- Maintain ledgers and file documents as part of accounts records management
- Prepare and maintain cashbook and other statutory books to track office transactions which include cash disbursement, petty cash and imprests from departments in the organization
- Prepare periodic payment reports (monthly expenditure returns) as per regular accounts practices
- Process payments to creditors and vendors for services rendered
- Verify cash withdrawals and invoice payments on IFMIS before export to internet banking
- Certify financial accounts, documents and payment vouchers before they are processed
- Control of cash float and maintenance of the electronic cash book for data back-up and for manual cashbooks to have alternative back-up systems
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in finance/accounting environment
- Must have at least Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II or its equivalent;
- Must be versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Required skills and personal attributes
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service and will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Method of Application
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
- Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
So as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 18TH DECEMBER, 2018 at 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.