If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
KUSCCO is hiring in various individuals to fill up their positions. Are you up for the challenge? Apply today so as not to be left out.
Business Development Officer
Job Reference No: BDM/NS/01/2019
Type of engagement: Contract
To undertake marketing activities towards growing Society membership, develop competitive products for members and carry out product awareness campaigns, all geared to growing Society’s profitability and capital.
- Build a methodical and focused approach to business development in identified sectors
- To monitor implementation and review of the Society’s strategic plan, policies and procedure manuals as relates to the department
- Identify market niches and craft appropriate strategies for reaching existing and potential members of the Society
- Develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for the Sacco at an agreed growth oriented annual target and follow through on potential new business opportunities
- Identify target and potential markets and design ways to consistently communicate the brand and products in all marketing activities
- Conduct Marketing activities based on knowledge of the customers segments and target market, so as to deliver products and services that satisfy the market segments
- Develop and implement appropriate communication and public relations strategies
- Oversee the design, execution, and communication of primary marketing research studies to evaluate specific performance, SACCO positioning, competitive positioning and customer profiling as well as managing the analysis and interpretation of secondary research data to provide direction for strategic plans
- To keep alert to competitive forces and marketing practices and to keep the management advised on ways to counter them
- To ensure that customer service is administered in accordance with SACCO policy, in a mutually beneficial manner, to ensure lasting goodwill between the SACCO and all relevant stakeholders
- To design and develop product and services that will satisfy various market segments based on market research findings
- Manage publications including but not limited to writing speeches, annual accounts, periodic newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Motivate, manage, and set targets, monitor performance of the sales team and other staff in the department.
- A university degree in marketing, or in business administration (marketing) or its equivalent
- Professional training in marketing and public relations.
- Membership to a professional body
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in the financial services sector is an added advantage
Skills and Desired Qualities
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Self-driven, self-starter, team player and results-oriented.
- Sound ICT Skills.
- Leadership skills
Method of Application
Online applications can be sent to email@example.com and MUST clearly state the Job Title and Reference number as the subject. All applications must be received by 25th January 2019.
Please fill the Application Form