The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions is one of the institutions set out in the Council of Legal Education [Admission] Regulations, 2007 as an institution in which students of the Kenya School of Law may undertake their Pupillage Programme. The Office seeks to engage highly motivated Kenyans.
- Served in the grade of Senior Accountant I Job Group ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum of two (2) years in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounts Option), Business Administration (Accounts Option) or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Possession of a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and
- International Accounting Standards (1AS);
- Knowledge of budget process;
- ICT skills;
- Accuracy skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Supervisory skills.
- Resource management skills; and
- Records management skills.
- Honesty and integrity;
- Creativity and innovativeness;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Ability to get on well with the diverse workforce; and
- Results oriented.
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Accountant for the assigned accounts function.
- Coordinating the implementation of the divisional strategy, to ensure division services support enhanced quality of the public prosecution services;
- Coordinating the preparation of annual individual and division work plan for the division to ensure delivery of service that is aligned with the divisional and organisational strategy;
- Implementing of accounting policies, guidelines, procedures and standards and evaluating of their effectiveness to inform review;
- Participating in the preparation and implementation of the divisional budget to ensure sufficient allocation of resources for the division strategy;
- Authorising payment vouchers to ensure timely payments to suppliers, and to ensure payments are done in line with the ODPP policies and procedures;
- Monitoring the ODPP liquidity to ensure availability of funds critical for the delivery of service;
- Coordinating the payment of user department vouchers in line with the ODPP procedures to ensure the payments are legitimate and that there are sufficient resources that can cover the payments;
- Checking daily cash balance to ensure the maintenance of approved limits that support business operations, and that limit wastage of resources;
- Verifying the expenditure authenticity to ensure integrity in the utilization of the ODPP resources;
- Ensuring implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury letters and instructions;
- Participating in preparation of management financial reports which includes; monthly expenditure returns, bank reconciliation statements and cash flow statements;
- Monitoring compliance with accounting policies, procedures and standards to minimize exposure to risks associated with non-compliance;
- Providing technical support to the user departments to ensure the departments are adequately supported in the implementation of departmental strategies;
- Preparing of quarterly and annual divisional reports shared with management for informed decision making to enhance organizational performance;
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity to ensure the ability of division to deliver quality accounting services;
- Participating in the budget planning, preparation and implementation;
- Controlling recurrent, development and donor funded budgets;
- Coordinating preparation of divisional procurement plan to ensure effective facilitation of staff to meet individual targets and achieve organizational;
- Preparing financial statements in accordance with government guidelines;
- Participating in relevant committees to support the implementation of the ODPP mandate;
- Supervising, Coaching and mentoring staff under him/her to ensure high motivation and performance, and staff development in line with the needs of ODPP;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing ONE application form ODPP 1.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post
- Letter of appointment to their previous post
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae and
- Clearance certificate from the following bodies:-
- Law Society of Kenya for Lawyers ii. Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate is a member
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, letters of appointment to their current substantive posts and previous post, detailed curriculum vitae and clearance certificates during the interviews.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
NSSF Building 19th Floor, Block ‘A’
P.O. Box 30701 – 00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on or before Monday, 18th February, 2019.
Persons with disability and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply