NYS GRADE 4
The Senior Deputy Director, ICT, heads the ICT Division and reports to the Director, Strategy and Planning Department.
The Senior Deputy Director, ICT is responsible for providing an enabling ICT platform to the Service, promotes utilization of effective ICT strategies, aligns ICT strategy and policy to the NYS’s mandate in all areas of operations, and provide advisory to ensure NYS leverage on technology to improve service delivery.
The duties and responsibilities of this office will entail:
- Advising management on policies and strategies related to ICT functions
- Development and implementation if ICT Strategy, plans, policies, systems, and procedures;
- Providing support to systems’ automation and promote technological innovations to enhance efficiency.
- Establishing and providing standards for acquisition, implementation and management of ICT networks for all offices;
- Implementation of strategies for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system development, maintenance and administration;
- Review of ICT requirements and coordinate technical and functional improvements of the information systems in collaboration with end-users;
- Development, implementation and continuous review of system security, back-up and recovery procedures;
- Providing technical support to NYS personnel on the use of computers, relevant software packages and developing customized applications;
- Providing hardware & Software maintenance and support services;
- Implementation of programs for safeguarding data integrity of all systems and ensure system availability through the necessary technical support/upgrades;
- Development and implementation of guidelines on distribution, installation, upgrade, maintenance and replacement of ICT infrastructure and promote the use of cost effective ICT solutions;
- Establishing operational linkages with other directorates, departments and divisions of the NYS to facilitate efficiency.
- Supervision of staff of the ICT Unit; and
- Any other duty, assigned by the Director General/CEO of the Service
For appointment to this post, the candidate must: –
- Have a minimum of an Upper Second Class Honors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Communication Technology, or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Communication Technology, or equivalent from a recognized university;
- At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience in public or private institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrate strong abilities on a spectrum of key work performance competences such as managerial, teamwork, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical, numerical and organization skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letters in a sealed envelope marked with the title of the position being applied for; together with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic certificates testimonials, and national identity card/passport.
In addition, applicants are required to attach certified copies of good conduct from the Directorate for Criminal Investigations, tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Credit Reference Bureau and a compliance certificate the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday, 26th November, 2019.
National Youth Service
P. O Box 30397 – 00100, GPO
Sealed hand-delivered applications can be dropped at the Registry – National Youth Service
Headquarters, Ruaraka, Thika Road, Ground Floor. The applicants can also email their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Director.email@example.com with the title of the position being applied for as the subject. Those without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation and details as sought for will NOT be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to Automatic Disqualification. ONLY shortlisted candidates
shall be contacted.
NYS is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Matilda P. Sakwa (Ms.), EBS DIRECTOR GENERAL