The Senior Operational and Safeguarding Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations management of the programme to ensure its efficient, high quality delivery. They will oversee the management of programme safeguarding, delivery of the small grants programme, HR, programme finances and contracts and to ensure compliance with Options’ policies and quality assurance standards.
The Senior Operational and Safeguarding Manager is responsible for ensuring robust and efficient operational and financial systems are in place, with timely and proactive planning of all programme activities that ensures value for money and coordinated delivery of the programme in focal countries. The Senior Operational and Safeguarding Manager directly oversees the grant scheme of the programme.
Core responsibilities include:
- Oversee the design, coordination and implementation of the grant scheme of the programme to provide small grants to grassroots organisations working to end female genital mutilation, ensuring relevant programmatic and financial processes for the selection, contracting and monitoring of the grantees are in place.
- Lead on the operational and financial management of the programme, including annual planning and budgeting exercises to produce detailed country costed work-plans and the programme’s consolidated budget.
- Develop, implement and oversee robust systems for monitoring the implementation of the programme work plans and budgets, and lead corrective actions.
- Ensure quality assurance systems of the technical delivery and internal and external reporting are in place and adhere to by the programme teams.
- Coordinate the programme teams’ activities across focal countries and with partners to ensure timely delivery, and maximise value for money and effectiveness
- Ensure effective HR management systems are in place and implemented
- Ensure due diligence and fraud prevention management requirements are in place and carried out.
- Oversee implementation and integration of Safeguarding and Do No Harm principles across the programme
- Establish country offices and operational setups that enable programme teams to work effectively and efficiently within Options’ systems and processes; oversight of programme security and office management
- Work closely with the Programme Director to ensure successful delivery of the programme, and effective relationships with clients, partners and other stakeholders involved in the programme.
- Significant and proven experience working in international development at a senior programme management level or above
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Extensive experience in leading the operational coordination of complex multi-country programmes
- Proven skills in people management
- Proven experience in strategic work-planning and managing large, complex, multi-country budgets
- Proven experience in risk management
- Demonstrated awareness of and commitment to safeguarding and do not harm principles
- Experience in developing and managing contracts and compliance matters
- Excellent financial management skills
- Knowledge or experience of FGM and/or broader gender issues would be an advantage
- Fluency in English; working proficiency in French desirable
- Right to live and work in Kenya
Options offers a competitive salary and benefits package.