Grade: KRA 7
Organization: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Department: Strategy Innovation & Risk Management
Division: Research, Knowledge Management & Corporate Planning.
Location / Work station: Head Office Times Tower
Deputy Commissioner, Research Knowledge Management and Corporate Planning
Manager Research & Tax Modelling,
Manager Surveys & Business Analysis
The purpose of this role is to effectively manage the implementation of KRA research & surveys agenda, revenue forecasts and analysis of tax administration measures & policies.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide leadership and ensure implementation of strategic initiatives in Research, Surveys & Business Analysis;
- Oversee the development and review of policies, operational guidelines, and procedures for Research & Surveys;
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of research agenda;
- Lead, guide and motivate staff under Research & Surveys;
- Coordinate the development of briefs on tax administration and policy issues for Senior Management;
- Oversee the review of tax administration and policies from time to time to ensure effectiveness and efficiency;
- Oversee the preparation of tax revenue forecasts and ensuring their review on monthly/quarterly basis;
- Evaluating impact on tax revenues of various interventions/policy changes/initiatives;
- Coordinate preparation of research articles, survey reports and preparation of research briefs for management and policymakers;
- Developing annual research and survey plans;
- Prepares an annual personnel development plan for the Research & Surveys Team to ensure training needs are appropriately identified and a mutually agreed training plan for individual staff members is progressed;
- Oversee the implementation of surveys to gauge the level of satisfaction of both internal and external customers and the challenges that need to be addressed, and
- Manage relationship with stakeholders and represent the Authority in various research forums.
Academic and Professional qualifications
- Master’s degree in related field from a recognized university (Doctoral qualifications in Economics will be an added advantage).
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or Business related field from a recognized university.
- Management course.
- Proficient in statistical packages such as Stata, Eviews, SPSS among others
Relevant Work Experience:
- At least seven (7) years of post-graduate (post-masters) experience with at least three (3) years’ experience at the level of Manager.
- Experience in micro-simulation modeling, general equilibrium modeling, and econometric analysis.
- Experience in macroeconomic forecasting
- Ability to establish and manage structures, processes and standards
- Ability to clearly communicate complex information
- Able to work closely with, and influence others
- Good understanding of Revenue Acts and KRA’s core business.
- Be customer focused.
- Have excellent management and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated a broad understanding of the departmental operations, mandate and strategic direction.
- Must have demonstrated high standards of integrity.