BRAC International Holdings B.V. is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Digital
Transformation Lead - Microfinance to drive digital innovation and implementation of BRAC International Microfinance Digital Strategy in line with business objectives and business needs.
The jobholder will support BRAC International Microfinance to drive innovation, and implement and use digital delivery channels to develop and deliver outstanding products, customer experience, increase organisational efficiency, and find the right balance between tech and touch for BRAC’s customers. The Digital Transformation Lead should also think creatively to imagine new uses for technology to address access, usage, literacy, security, and other barriers. The Digital Transformation Lead will be in charge of driving and coordinating the digitization of BRAC International Microfinance’s field operations in 6-10 countries is Africa and Asia. Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following-
- Drive the implementation of BI MF Digital strategy on use of DFS, technology, and digital field tech, and implement it in BI MF’s portfolio countries.
- Work with countries digital managers to develop country specific digital strategies with the support of the Digital Transformation Manager, BIHBV
- Cooperate with head office and portfolio country IT and operations teams to implement the digital strategy and work with the teams to adapt their processes and products accordingly.
- Keep an active watch on digital technologies available in the market that may improve the quality and efficiency of our field operations, and product and service delivery.
- Work with the countries to define implementation plans, including change management aspects, to maximize project impact
- Continuous training and handholding of country digital leads and country teams on value proposition development for digital channels, piloting and documenting lessons learned
- Bring together companies to design, develop, test and refine digital solutions supported under a structured environment and with ready to use tools.
- Work with other enabling stakeholders, such as regulators, universities, governments, think-tanks, BRAC’s fundraising teams, and others to maximize project impact.
- Develop and manage relationships with third parties such as digital solutions suppliers, fintechs, developers etc.
- Keep an active watch on digital technologies available in the market that may improve the quality and efficiency of our field operations, product and service delivery.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
The ideal candidate for this role should have-
- In-depth understanding of the key drivers in a digital product/emerging technology business. Insight into the way that digital transformation is affecting the financial inclusion industry and knowledge of best practices.
- Experience in digital project management, including technological aspects that enable to develop skills in understanding business needs and transcribing them into functional specifications for a digital tool.
- Excellent attention to details and experience in managing multiple projects
- Drive, flexibility, resilience and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively work remotely, across time zones and team locations, as well in person with multiple teams of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to translate complex technological implementation language to non-technical people.
- Fluency in English required (spoken, reading and written)
- Familiarity and experience with microfinance preferred
Important to have:
Minimum Seven years of related experience working in financial inclusion, product development, digital finance, microfinance/micro-lending, technology for development, payments platforms with at least three years’ work and/or living experience in emerging markets. Several years’ experience working with MNOs, fintechs, microfinance institutions or banks will be helpful. Substantial exposure to DFS strategy development and management, with direct exposure to top management strategy formulation and decision making will be added advantage.
Starting date: Negotiable
Type of contract: Contractual Employment for 2-year, renewable
Travel requirement: Up to 25%