Reports To: Deputy Director for Administration
Division : Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Grade Level: Grade 9, Level 2 Manager
FLSA & Union Status: Exempt , Non-Bargaining
The HR Coordinator will lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function in the region that ensures the organization has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on program goals and effectively serve its clients. This individual will direct the delivery of key HR services and infrastructure in line with CWS strategy for efficient and effective services at multiple levels. They will drive the implementation and adaptation of HR global initiatives and practices across the region. She or he will serve as advisor and counsel to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure efficiency of work
processes, and contain institutional risk. S/he will model the organizational values of CWS and will support colleagues to understand and live these values.
Functions include but are not limited to strategic planning & management, providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, budgets, recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, labor relations and HR administration. This position will also have primary responsibility for assisting in development, coordination, and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures for Church World Service Africa programs. This serves on the CWS Africa leadership team.
- Ten (10) years management experience (7 preferred) in an International NGO in a similar capacity.
- Proven experience managing working in an HR management capacity with large multi–cultural teams.
- Knowledge of Kenya laws and customs preferred.
- Experience with overseas processing or US refugee resettlement preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of U.S. and Kenya Labor Law and retirement benefits rules and regulations preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance management systems and performance evaluation
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Computer literacy, with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Work and make decisions independently and contribute to overall operations at management levels
- Exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
- Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a multi–cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related area with post graduate qualification/certification in Human Resource Management
- Master’s degree is preferred