ECLOF Kenya is seeking a professional, motivated, and committed individual to join its team for a full time position based in Nairobi. The position is responsible for providing technical support to the organisation systems primarily the corebanking systems, Managed Services, Digital Delivery channels/platforms and IT Infrastructure networks (LAN & WAN) and auxiliary software and applications operations and security including upgrades. Additionally, the individual provides first level software and hardware support for all the key systems.
We work in a fast-paced, demanding, and challenging environment – you will be expected to grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. We look for proactive, creative individuals who find opportunities to make their mark and identify solutions to problems. We look for reliable team-players who can add value from the very start, expand our knowledge and help us to maximise our impact.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance and support for the core banking ERP and interfaced information systems and applications.
- To safeguard the information and Data security i.e. Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information assets.
- Administer the organisation IT network, with appropriate uptime, including the Data-centers.
- Monitor Data Centres operations for requisite uptime, per business RTO/RPOs
- Administration of all Servers (Core banking System, Digital channels/platforms, Business Intelligence, File Server, E-mail system)
- Support functional head to appropriately implement and monitor all other Innovation initiatives and projects.
- Perform routine maintenance of the client PCs and Laptops.
- Perform on time regular backups for all the organisation systems and ensure prompt offsite storage.
- Monitor on a regular basis adherence to the laid down ICT policies and procedures in the Head Office and all the Business Units.
- Carry out any other approved Innovation projects, keeping time and within budget
- Provide input/ conduct periodic awareness to staff and management on emerging information systems/ IT security and risk, with appropriate recommendations.
- Maintain the the organisation ICT inventory and provides support in procurement of approved hardware and software in line with company policies.
- Provide updates on ICT trends and do proposals on possible service improvements initiatives/projects to the organisation
- Manage the software licences for and timely renewals and updated lifecycle.
- Support the Innovations and Strategy manager in the implementation of the functional strategies.
- Generate standard and non-standard reports from the system as may be required by the business.
- Ensure the security of the hardware and software systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, selfeducation, prior experience, or on-the-job training)
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related ICT field.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) qualification
- An ISACA certification e.g. CRISC, CISA, CISM, ITIL, COBIT etc
- Other qualifications in IT governance, Cyber-security, Programming (DevOps), Cloudcomputing, Agile Project management and IT risk shall be an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- People management skills
- Training and mentorship skills
Relevant Work Experience
- At least five (5) years relevant working experience in a similar position in a busy ICT environment.