Brand Kenya Board (BKB) is a State Corporation established in March 2008 through legal notice No. 38 of 2008. The establishment of the Board underpins the government’s commitment to put in place an integrated coordinating mechanism for building and enhancing the country’s image, national identity and managing its international reputation as we...
Read more about this company
GRADE KEPROBA 3
The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail: -
- Developing, implementing and reviewing of the Corporate Communication policy, strategies and standards of the Agency taking into account the internal and external changes in the industry;
- Advising and recommending to the Agency possible outcomes and response scenarios based on strategic initiatives made in the year;
- Coordinating all corporate communications related activities including content development and publishing of brochures, handbooks, calendars, departmental reports and the Agency’s Annual Report;
- Managing the reception areas and all other customer interaction points in the institution;
- Developing and implementing creative communication strategies and plans to provide local market insight for the Agency’s public-facing communications;
- Developing and implementing Crisis Management Plan
- Ensure the Agency’s website and digital platforms are updated and facilitate interdepartmental communications and managing external communications;
- Building and maintaining a consistent branding, corporate identity across relevant public relations channels while keeping the Agency up to date on industry trends;
- Developing suitable communication strategies to mitigate prevailing and emerging crisis;
- Developing clear and adequate content and material to support marketing and communications activities;
- Reviewing and approving key presentations and collaterals needed for corporate communications and outreach activities;
- Convening and chairing public relations and media related meetings;
- Managing Digital & Media Relations including information sharing and invitations for the Agency’s events;
- Developing and incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the Agency’s brand, both online and off line;
- Coordinating content creation, editing and approving blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels;
- Leveraging on social media by creating, managing and growing the Agency’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties;
- Managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns;
- Managing any online feedback forums;
- Developing networks with journalists, media producers, editors and strategic influencers
- Gathering information on programmes and significant events in the Agency’s specific Cluster area;
- Developing media plans, distribute and follow up media releases, book interviews and respond to media request;
- Overseeing and coordinating the Agency’s Corporate Social Responsibility( CSR) Programmes;
- Overseeing the Agency’s Compliments and Complaints Handling Mechanism;
- Ensuring adherence to ISO & Risk Management in the Department
- budgeting, planning and directing resources to achieve targets and objectives
- Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: -
- Master’s Degree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field;
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field from a recognized University.
- Minimum KCSE C+ (plus) or its equivalent.
- Post graduate qualification in Public Relations/Mass Communications/Journalism from a recognized Institution.
- Membership of a professional body of Public Relations, Journalism or Communication practitioners.
- At least 10 years’ work experience in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications three (3) of which must be in management
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution and
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
- A well-developed network with media houses to be able to push content onto all the media outlets in a timely manner
- Experience in media crisis management
- In-depth understanding of the socioeconomic and political situation of the Country
- Print and digital editorial skills
- Exceptional (speech) writing skills
- High integrity, self-driven and result oriented
- Excellent communication, teamwork and problem solving skills
- Creativity and innovation
Candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and must attach the following documents on the application.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations. (DCI)
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board. (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority. (KRA)
Shortlisted candidates will also be expected to clear with: -
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti -Corruption Commission.(EACC)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the detailed qualifications, job description and the Job Application Form from the 'careers' section at https://brand.ke
All duty completed Job Application Forms should be submitted to [email protected] attaching copies of certificates, National ID, relevant documents and testimonials not later than Friday 7th, May. 2021 at 5.00pm.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be offered to the right candidates.
Kenya Export Promotion and Branding Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed b diversity and gender equally.
Persons living with HIV/AIDs, disabilities and woman are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.