The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: KRA Headquarters (Nairobi), Ushuru Pensions Tower.
Responsible for leading the operations, maintenance, and security of the corporate data centres. The Job holder will also be responsible for developing and implementing policies spanning operations, preventative maintenance, support, and security at both the Primary and Secondary (DR) data centers
- Manages environmental resources, power distribution, safety, security, physical layout, cabling, racking and monitoring of data centre equipment.
- Develops and ensures implementation of the physical security policies and procedures for access to the data centres.
- Manages data centre documentation including equipment inventory, engineering drawings, as-builts, expansion architecture and other documents.
- Coordinates with relevant teams to forecast and plan for resource capacity expansion and budgeting.
- Develops, implements and manages maintenance plan schedules and processes for the data centre.
- Develops policies, documents processes, and provides training for relevant staff on the use of data centre facilities including access control.
- Manages all third parties co-location contracts.
- Coordinates problems requiring vendor intervention to ensure compliance to service level agreements (SLA) and contracts.
- Coordinates implementation of the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management in the unit.
- Facilitate Implementation of the data center improvements and enhancements.
- Identifying all the relevant training/workshops/knowledge opportunities for data centers operations staff so that they are well equipped and skilled in delivering high quality services in a modern data center environment.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Master’s Degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNA Data Center
- Certification in business continuity
Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
Relevant Work Experience Required
- The post holder should have at least five (5) years progressive experience in a busy Data Center environment, with at least two (2) years in entry-level management responsibility a large organization
Technical Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of data center critical systems, including: diesel generators, UPS systems, fuel systems, switchgear, power distribution equipment, HVACs, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Expertise in data centre documentation tools.
- Demonstrated competence in installation and support of Data Centre solutions from networking, cooling, power and data communication fundamentals
- Project Management skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Good decision-making capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills