Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
This position ensures that the Global Centre (GC) Faith and Development (F&D) team is able to deliver on its strategic priorities and contribute effectively to the WV Partnership’s Global Strategy by providing administrative support to the Partnership Leader and Leadership Team. The Operations Assistant will work with the Faith & Development group providing support in areas of coordination, administration, scheduling, planning, on-boarding, and reporting. The Operations Assistant will closely collaborate with the Knowledge Management Advisor on developing and maintaining Faith & Development internal and external knowledge platforms as well as keeping F&D Community of Practice informed and abreast of most recent developments, resources and events via regular and professional communication.
Major Job Responsibilities
35% - Manage the Operations Support function for the GC F&D team.
- Ensure Microsoft Teams pages and channels are set up and managed; org charts and key team documents are properly organized
- Plan all virtual team meetings: hosting Zoom calls, take minutes, distribute recordings and materials.
- Provide logistics support for in-person team meetings: book travel, arrange accommodation & visa support, manage vendor contracts, purchase of meeting supplies & food, etc.
- Provide project management support for external events: scheduling, following up with speakers, sending out briefs, etc.
- Lead the on-boarding process for new team members: orientation schedule, new equipment & credit card orders, setting up internal accounts, trainings, etc.
- Time-keeping and vacation calendar tracking is maintained & updated
- Provide ICT support to the team and refer critical issues where appropriate
- Maintain the global list of CoH trainers and facilitators, in support of the F&D Capacity Building Advisor.
25% - Procurement and Budget/Finance support to the broader F&D Team.
- Ensure all procurement and service level agreements or contracts with vendors are signed and executed in accordance with contracts, in collaboration with F&D team leaders
- Ensure the timely payment of vendors based on contractual agreement
- Ensure all Credit cards are up-to-date
- Lead all finance pre-approvals and settlement advice processes for GC F&D.
- Provide cost centre reports & analysis in a timely manner and in collaboration with Finance
25% - Information management support in collaboration with KM Advisor.
- Maintain and update F&D wvCentral pages: steps of uploading, sorting, tagging, filtering, and linking of relevant information are performed on a regular basis
- Manage and update the wvcentral F&D landing pages
- Manage and update the F&D mailing list on all relevant platforms: Outlook, MailChimp, Poppulo and MS Teams
- Lead the design and dissemination of the F&D Community of Practice (CoP) monthly newsleters
- Manage the planning and execution of F&D CoP calls: invitations, agenda, presentations, etc. Manage other F&D related webinars
- Assistance provided in setting up survey forms and/or registration forms for CoPs and key stakeholders in MS Teams or other platforms
- Responsible for analyzing, consolidating and creating meaningful reports, presentations and other documentations for the GC F&D.
10% - Planning & coordination support to the F&D Partnership Leader.
- Responsible for creating, consolidating, and formatting PowerPoint presentations for internal and external events
- Responsible for calendar & scheduling, virtual meetings set up, supporting documents preparation
- Responsible for booking travel, accommodation, visa support
5% - Other duties as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor based on the priorities and needs of the broader F&D team
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience:
- 3-5 years of administrative support experience in a global, multi-sectoral, and multi-national organization.
- Strong team and project management skills.
- Strong organizational & follow-through skills; good analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience with writing reports, summaries, briefs, and newsletters.
- Proven experience with managing calendars and schedules, setting up & running virtual meetings, and organizing & supporting in-person events.
- Experience with working on diverse multicultural teams and proven ability to communicate with people from various organizational levels.
- Resilience and ability to work independently in a fast pace environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Diligence and ability to focus on repetitive technical tasks with process improvement aptitude.
- Deeply devoted to his/her relationship in Christ through prayer, Bible study, and involvement in the local church
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, International Development, Leadership, or other related fields.
- Solid working knowledge of the following applications: MailChimp, Poppullo, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and Zoom.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (including early morning or late night calls) when necessary to accommodate any time difference between self and manager/other colleagues.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement & Language:
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically or internationally up to 5% of the time
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.