The Programme Envisions a Multi-year And Multi-country Programme Of Work, Supported By Global And Regional Activities Linking Normative And Technical Work On Gender Statistics At The Global Level To The Regional And National Levels Through Three Interlinked Areas Of Work
To support member states in implementing the 2030 Agenda, UN Women’s Flagship Programme Initiative “Making Every Woman and Girl Count” (Women Count) aims to affect a radical shift in the availability, accessibility and use of data and statistics on key aspects of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Building a supportive policy and institutional environment for the localization and effective monitoring of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Increasing the quality, comparability and regularity of gender statistics to address national data gaps and meet reporting commitments under the SDGs; and
- Ensuring that gender statistics are accessible to users in governments, civil society, academia and the private sector, to strengthen adequate demand for their production.
Under the supervision of the Programme and Knowledge Management Specialist, the consultant provides logistical support for the implementation of Women Count programmatic activities; coordinates advocacy events and knowledge products under Women Count; provides operational and coordination support, liaising as necessary on matters related to procurement, HR, and administration; provides support on knowledge management activities and contributes to the broader work of UN Women as it relates to Women Count.
Duties And Responsibilities
Coordinate knowledge management and internal/external communication activities for Women Count
- Support the Programme Specialist in the implementation of the Women Count knowledge management strategy, including contributing to the development of knowledge management systems and tools for Women Count to improve efficiency in producing, storing and sharing information across all levels of implementation;
- Provide support in overseeing efficient flow of information across all levels of implementation and facilitate dissemination and sharing of resources between global, regional and country offices including ensuring internal Document Hub is maintained;
- Support in the logistical organization and execution of bi-monthly Women Count webinars, including supporting pre-webinar and post-webinar internal/external outreach activities;
- Maintain and update external mailing list to disseminate the Women Count newsletter, as needed;
- In coordination with the Programme Specialist and Outreach Specialist, as well as the Research and Data Outreach Working Group, provide support to update the Research and Data Intranet page for Women Count.
- Maintain and regularly update a calendar of events that are relevant to Women Count’s implementation and advocacy opportunities.
Provide logistical and analytical support for the implementation of Women Count
- Provide logistical support to the Programme Specialist in the coordination and production of the Women Count Annual Report and related publications, liaising with the design and printing vendors;
- Develop and implement event planning and coordination tools for the timely preparation of workshops and meetings for programme as needed, including Donor Committee meetings and potentially the Annual Review Meeting, with oversight from the Programme Specialist and Outreach Specialist;
- Provide analytical support, as needed for reporting and monitoring activities of Women Count, in preparing Quarterly highlights, Annual Report, etc.
Programme coordination support to the Programme Specialist
- Support the Programme Specialist in developing a document repository of project documents and resources from country and regional projects as part of project closure processes;
- Consolidate feedback from internal and external consultation processes to inform Phase II Women Count development and COVID19 Violence Against Women project, as needed.
- Maintained and organized Women Count internal document Hub;
- Maintained Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint site for Women Count team in the field;
- Updated external mailing list for dissemination of the Women Count newsletter;
- Support in organizing 2-3 Women Count webinars for broader UN Women;
- Research & Data Intranet page is updated for Women Count.
- Maintain a shared calendar of global, regional and country events that is accessible to members of the team that is updated on a quarterly basis;
- Liaised with printing and design vendors to produce the Women Count Annual Report and related knowledge products;
- Support to coordinate Women Count reporting processes, for the Annual Report provided;
- Timely support provided to the Programme Specialist on programmatic processes, as needed, to ensure timely implementation of the Women Count programme activities.
- Respect for Diversity
- Client Orientation
- Commitment to learning
- Planning and Organizing
- Creative Problem Solving
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Strong skills in coordination and programme implementation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to provide briefings on complex issues;
- Client orientation with constructive approach to resolution of problems and dedication to providing timely support;
- Good understanding of and commitment to gender equality and women's empowerment and its policy implications;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English; French or Spanish in addition will be an asset;
- Strong knowledge and use of computer office tools (Word, referencing software, databases, spreadsheets, web content production, filing);
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and in a cooperative and productive fashion both with internal and external colleagues;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, and ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environments; ability to build and promote partnerships across the organization and beyond;
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects whilst maintaining high-quality and timeliness;
- Sound judgment;
- Ability to multi-task, handling a complex workload involving concurrent deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master degree (or equivalent) in development related disciplines, gender, economics, statistics, development or other social science fields;
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in providing coordination, analytical, data analysis support and/or supporting global programmes related to gender equality and women’s rights;
- Experience in coordinating events, workshops, meetings and advocacy activities;
- Experience in using Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint and document sharing tools/platforms.
- Knowledge of gender statistics is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.