Under the direct supervision of the head of programme, this position will support management and implementation of the WFP's strategy for integration and self-reliance of refugees in Kakuma camp and Kalobeyei settlement.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Not all Inclusive)
Project Management and Implementation
- Support in field level management of WFP’s assistance for self-reliance and integration of refugees and hosts in Kakuma and Kalobeyei.
- Undertake annual planning of activities of self-reliance and integration activities of activities that enhance self-reliance and integration of in compliance with WFP standards and procedures.
- Prepare project implementation plans and detailed budgets jointly with WFP sub-office staff, government and other agencies.
- Support capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and country government to enhance adoption of good implementation practises.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries on WFP’s assistance for self-reliance and integration of refugees and their hosts.
Partnership Management and Coordination
- Support identification, development and management of potential partnerships for collaborative work leading to improved self-reliance and integration programmes.
- Ensure that WFP is represented in relevant partnership, coordination and collaborations forums with government, United Nations agencies, donors and private sector forums among others related to Kalobeyei Integrated Social and Economic Development Programme.
- Maintain calendars and records of coordination meetings held and monitor action points.
- Support processes for contracting and managing implementing and complementary partnerships
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Cont.)
Community Management and empowerment
- Prepare a community engagement strategy and develop regular reporting plans as per WFP community engagement guidelines.
- In collaboration with partners develop a network of community facilitators and link them to target communities to enhance project participation and ownership.
- Identify community action plans in collaboration with county government and mainstream them in regular county planning.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
- In collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation focal point follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and period reports, and a variety of information products.
- Organise for joint project review forums to continually learn and improve project design and implementation plans.
- Prepare regular outcome progress report to document achievements and lesson learn.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Main outputs expected from the position include the following:
- Project implementation plans and detailed budgets developed jointly with government and other agencies.
- Project data collection, monitoring and evaluation plans on integration and self reliance based on country office plans, developed and implemented.
- Annual community sensitization plans and engament plan that enhances projecyts ownership and secuirty of farm assests.
- Reports and briefs from research and analysis on operations, policy and strategic issues to support senior colleagues and government counterparts in developing and updating policies, strategies and project designs.
- Partnerships necessary for successful implementation of the projects are maintained; WFP representation in all relevant internal and external meetings on refugee self reliance and integration is ensured.
- Resource mobilization - input for funding proposals provided.
- Reporting - prepare reports for periodic reporting by the sub office, to donors and for Standard Project Reports (SPRs). Draft and update info briefs/fact sheets and case studies on integration and self reliance for host communities and refugees.
- Organize and manage donor and high level missions to project sites.
- University degree in Agricultural Sciences, Development Studies, Economy or Socio-Economic Developments and related fields
- At least five years of postgraduate professional experience in supporting management and implementation of projects in the following fields: livelihoods market analysis, value chain development, resilience building, Integrated nutrition, socio-economic assessment, private sector development, urban economic development.
- Strong experience in agriculture programming and implementation in ASAL regions;
- Strong experience in community and government engagement.
- Has led a small programme team or facilitated planning and implementation a complex set of interventions to improve livelihoods and economic outcomes for target groups.
- Has participated in policy and strategy development processes
- Proven ability to take initiative, develop and execute demanding work plans.
- Ability to analyse and identify opportunities and challenges and develop and propose solutions to programmatic challenges.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain excellent working relations with colleagues and external partners and deal tactfully and patiently with different people.