REF Number: NCIC\AOAII\03\2021
JOB GRADE NCIC 7
THREE (3) POSTS
Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for the office management function and offering support to all administrative activities carried out in the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
- Taking oral dictation;
- Managing e-office;
- Word and data processing;
- Operating office equipment;
- Attending to visitors/clients;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments;
- Maintaining office diary and travel itineraries;
- Ensuring security of office records equipment and documents, including classified materials;
- Preparing responses to simple routine correspondence;
- Establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondence and file movements;
- Maintaining an up to date filing system in the office;
- Ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Managing office protocol and etiquette;
- Supervising office cleanliness; managing petty cash; and
- Undertaking any other office administrative services duties that may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Commission;
Business Education Single and GRADE Certificates (BES & GC) from the Kenya National Examination Commission in the following subjects:-
- Shorthand III (minimum 80 w.p.m.),
- Typewriting III (50 w.p.m)/ Computerized Document Processing III,
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III,
- Business English III/Communications II,
- Secretarial Duties II,
- Office Practice II,
- Commerce II.
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of service
The above position is permanent and pensionable based on satisfactory completion of the six (6) months’ probation period
Salary and allowances
Salary range : Ksh. 25,313 - 40,000
House allowance : Ksh. 16,500
Commuter allowance: Ksh. 8,000
Airtime allowance : Ksh. 1,500
Applicants should present originals of the following documents during the interview if shortlisted:
- National Identity Card/Passport
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials; and
- Valid and current clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Submit recommendations from a relevant professional body
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Applicants are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission’s recruitment portal accessible through https://recruitment.cohesion.or.ke.
- All applications should be submitted together with detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of ID/Passport, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. The documents are to be uploaded in the portal.
All applications should be submitted on or before 25th November,2021 by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).
Interested and qualified? Go to National Cohesion and Integration Commission on recruitment.cohesion.or.ke